Long riding coat.. HKM Seattle

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
I have been looking online for a long winter riding coat (well anytime with British showery weather). I have a Jack Murphy long yard coat for doing yard chores but you cannot ride in it.

We I have gone with the HKM Seattle I ordered a 20 and it’s very generous could have ordered 16 or 18 but I can pile layers on under this coat and a BP. It’s got a generous skirt to cover me and the horse. Reflective strips, leg straps, concealed hood and lots of useful pockets. I saw it for sale on one site for £145 but I managed to snap it up as a bargain £85 on another site 😁❤️❤️❤️It’s a blooming bargain for the quality it is.

I will give it a thorough test this winter and report back. It’s arrived and I cannot wait to try it out for both yard chores and riding :)

Just hope summer storm doesn’t mind the skirt 🤞🤞🤞🤞😁

Has anyone here ridden in one ???

82E20150-3059-45AB-8868-CACEAF8D6034.jpeg161544D1-BFB1-4299-A5D3-881E97DB51A5.jpegA72E2053-D197-4A6D-B88B-CF8C9BCC54DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish you many happy riding hours in it! I like HKM stuff, I have several pairs of their country boots. I used to ride in my Shires long coat, but the leg straps broke and (this was years ago) I don't think Storm was too keen on the length of it on her bag. Lol up here it would most likely just flap up and we'd both take off in the wind......................
You sound well prepared :)

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com