LONGER solo hack

Dummer&Drummer

Sep 30, 2004
southwest of England
Visit site
NN and others, do you remember 2 sundays ago i buddied NoviceNic her sj comp to a 6 mile solo hack i have put off doing for months, well.............

i went on the same route again, up the main road, up past the church, up hill track to a farm, cantered up 2 hills, back down through a wood..........then instead of going home, i went up another road, through another wood, along to another village back down through the village to the next one and past the tea gardens, back round to the cow sheds, cantered up what we call rupp lane, and back through another village and back to the farm, church and main road and so on :)

it was about a 8-9 mile hack and i loved it :) we were out for about 2 3/4 hours and drummer was great, he weaves sometimes in walk but this is getting better the more confident i am. after out 2nd canter a pheasant flew out of the LONG grass and we both jumped a mile :) and when we were almost home a puppy ran up to drummer yapping and running threw his legs and rolling onto his back to play, the 2nd time the puppy did this drummer got a bit tense but the owners came shooting down the hill to our rescue apologising :)

we also stopped and drummer shared my ribena and biscuit

on both of my long solo hacks ive had a car squeeze past me nearly knocking my leg - despite my bright tabard with L plates on :rolleyes:

ill get some pics and take a camera of the hack when i take bobbin out on it next weekend :)

that was a long way alone :)

hack in a few weeks will be up to weacombe, (it is the hills for us), weacombe is the bottom of the hills and ill go to only the first gate first time, it is a long hack and a fast one if you want it to be - 3 mile up hill gallop through a wood is possible, bad road work to get to it but worth it once you are up there, also unknown turf to drummer - ill buddy someone for this one and then the aim after we are comfortable with this one is to go past weacombe and right UP on the hills, open quantocks for miles and miles and miles, sheep, wild horses, deer and nothing but hills for miles

YEY you go gal!!!. oh and Drummer of course. :D Captain and I took the scary route this week as well. Although a very short one it means I literally turn him around and he can see his girlfriend panicking in the field. This usually makes him bolt home but I seem to be able to control him at the mo. Fingers crossed. ;)

mother

mother y do u always write sssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo much but well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Its so relaxing! and you feel so alone just you and your horse enjoying time together!

I solo hack most evenings as girls from the yard have already ridden during the day or aren't up. I love the time i spend with chinook. Same as yourself do quite a few miles each night. I luckily have a 3000 acre estate to use which includes roads, field, forestry, ditches, streams to overcome. Love every minute!

Has made me a lot more interested in endurance riding / fun rides and also le trec but feel i would want to do the pairs le trec but not sure anyones interested from my area.

Very good for fitness and boredom - both horse and rider :D

Well done!

newrider.com