LOOK at this CAKE!! :)

Kis Vihar

Nutty Saddlers !
This is Paul's (slightly belated due to the Rio chaos!) birthday cake, which my very talented friend made! Horse in the bath! Everything including the bubbles and 'rubber duck', is edible. I can't face cutting him! :(

CK_0006-3.jpg

CK_0006-1.jpg

CK_0006-6.jpg

CK_0006-5.jpg

I just LOVE his smile! :D :D

She also asked me to ask people on here, how much money something like this cake (it's big, and over 3 kilos!) would cost in England. She is doing market-research again. :D

This is her website - still under construction - She has more photos to add! :D

http://www.kaszala.hu/index_eng.php

That is one amazing cake. I love his expression. What kind of cake is it?

I might have to order one of those for our Yard summer camp if she could have it delivered - even if it is a bit more simple.

Amazing. Have no idea how much it would cost over here. A lot though!

I will have a look at the bakers when I get my lunch tomorrow if I remember.

Wow, this is your friend that did the cup cakes isn't it with all the fancy decorations? She is extremely talented indeed - especially seeing what you told us about her too, absolutely amazing! :)

I have no idea about price, but my mum sat here and just said circa £200 she reckons for something like that!?

My VERY lucky father is being the 'does the DHL 24 hour courier drop the cakes?' guinea-pig!! :D She is preparing various cakes/muffins etc to ship to him. She will then have an idea of how they travel, as he will have to take photos of them on arrival.

I was thinking that cake must be well over £100!! It's SO nice! :)

My VERY lucky father is being the 'does the DHL 24 hour courier drop the cakes?' guinea-pig!! :D She is preparing various cakes/muffins etc to ship to him. She will then have an idea of how they travel, as he will have to take photos of them on arrival.

I was thinking that cake must be well over £100!! It's SO nice! :)

Might go for a drive up the road, surely you dad and the dog cant eat loads of cake alone !!

Lovely cake and Im sure very exepensive. I had a cake made for 15 people and it cost me £35. It was a sponge and jam decorated as a fire engine, without fireman sam which I wasnt best pleased about .....

I wouldn't know where to buy a cake like that, much less how much it would cost!

I think the best way to figure it out would be to work out how much it cost her to make the cake, then how long it takes and work out a price based on "parts" + labour = ??

Although I've said that to my bestie (who makes jewellery) and she can't decide how much per hour to charge!

*sigh*

I have just looked through loads of cake websites as my brother got married this year and wanted help and I also paid for my dad's 70th birthday cake this week.

My dad's cake was a 11" square sponge fully iced and piped with gardening and floral decoration and writing and was £50.

However, when I was looking prices ranged from £50-£95 for similar styles.

Novelty cakes like the horse in the bath I would say were slightly cheaper but I reckon your friend would be looking at around £85 if it is a big cake.

What is the horse made out of?

but yes your friend will also need to look at materials + packaging & travel + labour charge (prob min wage or less as a start point) + profit charge on top (normally a percentage) to put back into the business if needed or for advertising etc.

I fbeing sent from abroad then she might have to look into the health and safety etc of all that too as i don't know but assume the goverment would have guidelines about that sort of thing if done for profit.

It's beautiful,it really is,and personally I would love it.However and sorry to put a dampner on things,I don't think it will have enough mass appeal to be a money maker.

I feel really mean saying this,but in a recession time like this I don't think novelty cakes are going to be what people are spending their money on,and also cakes like the horse one are only going to appeal to a limited market.IMO (and it is only that of course) the only times people are really willing to splash out on cakes is for a special occasion like a wedding or milestone birthday/anniversary,and then would think they would go for something more traditional that appeals to everyone??

Having said that there are still people around with money to spend and possibly they would spend a decent amount on something a bit special with a personal touch:smile:

No idea on price,but my friend recently had someone make a 3 tier wedding cake done in a safari theme,complete with animal print icing and animals lol,very well done and looked amazing and cost her £200,which was cheap compared to some,but person did it just for cost of materials and minimum charge for her time as was a friend.

Maybe your friend would be best to work out how much it cost her to make,and then add a set rate for the hours she put in??

Novelty cakes aren't her main business... She mostly does sugar-flowers, wedding cakes, etc. :) She did her daughter's sleeping baby dragon, and Paul's horse. :)

She's had a LOT of interest in her sugar-flower cakes from overseas, which is great news for her. We are helping her experiment with couriers now...which ones can deliver the cakes without dropping them! ;)

newrider.com