Looking for a Chestnut TBx Chester/surrounding area.

My horse went to a companion home in Chester or near Chester at the end of summer. And i'm desperate to know how she is. I have her owners mobile number, but she won't text me back unless I text her about 4 times pestering. So im wondering if anyone has spotted her. I would really love an address or email. I sold her a girl called Sarah Preston. She was to be a companion to freshly weaned foal. She is 15.2 and has a lump on her back leg.

Here is a picture of her.

DSC00989.jpg

im sorry but you sold her- the owner has no reason to inform you about anything because its simply not your problem anymore.

perhaps its time to move on :)

(im not been harsh or trying to upset you or anything, perhaps more honest and open that other people you have spoken about this to)

If you SOLD her, I'm sorry to agree that owner has no obligation to reply to you .... but I hope that you manage to find out more about her to cheer you up.

I don't know your horse I'm afraid but I would say keep trying. I had to sell my boy when I went to uni (no choice) and the girl I sold him to sold him on and then refused to acknowledge my calls. It took me 10 years (obviously not constant searching!) but eventually I tracked him down and turns out he lives only 20 miles away from me and his current owner is quite happy for me to bob over and ride him every now and then. Try posting his info on the tracing equines website (the lady who runs it launched it after horseandownerreunited closed down). Good luck - it's a horrible feeling wanting to find your old friend but running into brick walls.

I wondered what had happened to her!! Lovely jump I seem to remember? I would maybe try ringing but ultimately she's not yours anymore :)

Thanks for your replies. :)

I realise she doesn't have to answer me, I was maybe hoping somebody had seen her and seen that she was ok and happy. But that is a bit of a long shot I realise too. :eek:

Oh yeh she had a brilliant jump, but she hurt her leg in the field and after a long period of recuperation and then trying to introduce small work again. We realised she wasn't going to be happy on that leg with the added wait of a rider in anything but a walk. But she is very content grazing and living in the field. So she has gone to be a companion, so I really just wanted to see of she was happy. I assume she is.

Last edited:
newrider.com