Looking For Livery In Berkeley

Showjumper

Ex Member
Dec 30, 2000
Hi Folks

I've just moved to Berkeley and am trying to find accommodation for my 2 ponies (13.2hh 8 year old New Forest mare and 8 year old 13hh Welsh gelding).

Ideally I'd like to keep them on a farm or small livery yard as this is what I'm used to. If you're in the area and know of anywhere, please let me know

Facilities wise I don't need a lot - stables and year round grazing are the important ones and I'd really like somewhere with an arena.

Dolly is recovering from a ligament injury so a yard where her and Dylan can be paddocked together away from a herd would be a huge benefit until she's fully recovered.

Thanks a lot

Chloe

o cool lol i live there :) there's jean greys riding stables in Shepperdine (about 20-25 mins away), she does livery too, or there's Tumpy Green which is about 10 minutes from Berkeley which also does livery, i think theres a couple of others too will have to think for a min!

eta: Tumpy Green also has a website if you type it into google :)

just re-read your post, this is what each has:

Tumpy Green: 2 indoor arenas (one is very small) 1 outdoor arena, facilities wise a small xc course, def. space to put Dolly + Dylan on their own i think

Shepperdine: 1 arena, good off road hacking, not much space to put Dolly + Dylan on their own though

theres also the Macdonalds who have a farm where (i think) they do livery, will check that one

Last edited:
I am a South Gloucestershire person too!! There is Billow Farm (I think it is on the A38) and a couple of smaller ones around Thornbury, I am the other side of Thornbury so could pm me if you would go that far and give you more details!

Hope that helps!

I know a lady in Slimbridge that does grass with a stable, no school but lovely hacking. Very nice, helpful lady as well. PM me if you want. There is also a livery yard at Wisloe, Slimbridge with a school etc. As well as the ones mentioned above.

Thanks everyone! I've been to Tumpy and love it but think it would just be too busy for me...ditto Billow unfortunately.

Ideally I'd like a yard within 5 minutes drive of Berkeley or the Cam & Dursley train station so Slimbridge would work. I'd love the details of the lady you know, cloang, if that would be ok?

Do you keep your horses at Tumpy, redredred?

checked up on the Macdonalds, they have a small farm and do livery, i'm not sure if they have an arena but they have good hacking and probs enough fields to put your two ponies on their own, showjumper yeah i wish! no i ride at tumpy green :)

Thanks for all the hints and tips! I spent this weekend door knocking and making phone calls and have narrowed my choices down to two, both of which I'll check out again this coming weekend and hopefully I'll be moving the ponies Saturday after next :D

newrider.com