Looking forward to a thaw??

Portia

Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
Don't!

Think of all that poo lying in wait for us underneath the lovely white stuff :eek:! It's going to be an awful job shifting it...never mind the mud, the mess, the sodden slippery poached ground.

Yuck :p :D

Yes, am dreading our school melting, there must be a full muck heap under all that snow!!! ours have been turned out in there like, forever..........

I have still been poo picking.:)

I have got a small road works spade that is brilliant for getting the frozen poos of the ground.

I remember the thaw last year when my field suddenly become a slush of mushy poo, it was a nightmare to clear up.

I'm dreading it - our groud is lovely and firm atm, its easy to push wheelbarrows, all horses are spotless, I can actually get in my car with my wellies on.

Its just going to be sludge sludge sludge soon :(

We have still been poo picking in the snow, if you look carefully enough you can usually spot the small mound in the field :)

Our yard isn't muddy, snow has started to thaw here but is that horrible stage of starting to thaw then freezing so it's really dangerous and slippery everywhere poor Odie can't go out to the field as getting him to the field would be lethal and Joey and Misrtys trough is still frozen so their water is getting low and manky so still having to try and get water to them each day. They give us more snow today and tomorrow though:rolleyes:

I'm so looking forward to the snow going away, but we have about a foot of it at the yard, the school is going to be back to being a swimming pool and the fields will be boggy. Then we're supposed to have heavy rain on Saturday!

i spent two and a half hours poo picking this morning as we have a big thaw on. I was wet up to my knees. Unfortunately i couldn't get the barrow out as there is pure ice round it and round the heap!!! So i had to create a new heap.Will suffer for it later. Aching all over:eek:

I can't wait for a proper thaw! I don't mind the snow, but I hate the ice which is treacherous in my field. I can't keep my two in, they'd go mental, so I have to pretend to turn a blind eye to what they are going out onto every day :(

I can't wait for a proper thaw! I don't mind the snow, but I hate the ice which is treacherous in my field. I can't keep my two in, they'd go mental, so I have to pretend to turn a blind eye to what they are going out onto every day :(

ditto here. One area of sheet ice but the rest has thawed. He seems to have the sense not to go near it though.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great if we just woke up one morning and it had all thawed, but not left a big sludgy mess behind? Just spongy grass and clean roads and paths.

'Sigh' just dreaming again :)

it is still white all over where we are, with more forecast. I'm really not looking forward to the sludgy mess when it starts to go, although I would like to sit on my horse again soon :)

At least I'll be able to work my girl properly again!
All we've been doing for the past three weeks is a quick lunge in the school before the snow gets so compacted under her feet the it looks like she's wearing high heels and starts tripping all over the place!
AND I'll be able to get up the hill to the yard in the car first time rather than five goes, getting halfway up and then sliding back down again and almost landing in a ditch!
Looking forward to a nice school but not picking out the mountains of stoney mud for her feet and her coming in looking like a mud monster! Yuck! :p

I'm certainly not looking forward to the hundreds of poos to pick up :(.

2 x horses which are out 24/7 = about 20 poos a day each (I know, they cr*p for England) = 40 poos a day x 10 days = 400 poos :eek: :eek:

Me and my fieldmate really fell behind with the poo picking when it snowed before Christmas, there was a HUGE backlog of poos, I felt like crying at times trying to get to grips with it. Now it's going to be 5 times as bad :(:(:(

as i havent been to mine, and a friend has gone in just to feed and water,i told her not to muck out as she has so much to do. i have 5 days worth of muck deep littered in the stables, will have to start a huge muck out at the weekend! my back is now totally knackered from walking everywhere, and lugging groceries, for miles.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the hundreds of poos to pick up :(.

2 x horses which are out 24/7 = about 20 poos a day each (I know, they cr*p for England) = 40 poos a day x 10 days = 400 poos :eek: :eek:

Me and my fieldmate really fell behind with the poo picking when it snowed before Christmas, there was a HUGE backlog of poos, I felt like crying at times trying to get to grips with it. Now it's going to be 5 times as bad :(:(:(

LOL - I'm sorry but I love your attempt at making maths seem interesting!!

I'm just worried about flooding, my field's in a dip so will be advertising fishing permits in a while. I hate it on the roads, there's some scary bits around us that end up engulfed by the river.

newrider.com