Looking to becoming a vet

lazyobie29kr

western
Aug 1, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
I am currently a high school senior and I will be going to UW Platteville to have an emphasis in Pre Vet. Ever since I have been going with my cousin (she's an equine vet) on ride-alongs, I have developed a strong passion for horses and vet work. Because vet school is now harder to get into med school (eeek) I was wondering what I could do in order to increase my chances of getting in. I have heard that doing internships will help you stand out along with riding along with other vets. What other activities will be a good idea to invest my time into? Also, I live in South-central Wisconsin and would like to know of any internship possibilities near by if anyone knows of any. Also, if there are any vets in this message board, I would like some good tips on anything and everything about being a vet and going through school. Thank you so very much

~Kitt

There was a UK vet on www.saddle-up.org.uk don't know if they are still there.

I think it's the same here, you need to be he very best to get into vet school here in the UK.

It must be true because half our family are Docs. of some description, but no vets in the family since my Grandad back before the war! :( :(

Last edited:
newrider.com