losing interest in riding....

happyhacker101

Mar 19, 2007
scotland
Sorry, feel a moan coming on and need a kick up the backside.... At the start of the summer, Archie and I were hacking out 4/5 times a week and were having fun. He was daft a couple of times but all was fine.

He then went lame at the start of July and we've also been waiting for his new saddle to be made - hence no riding. The sad thing is - I really dont fancy getting back on. My RI has been riding him once a week for me since he became sound and i've jumped on for the odd ten mins here and there but that's it.

I'm spending ages helping Robbie be broken to drive - and feel really guilty but something is stopping me just not sure what! Sorry for the rambling but is anyone else feeling like this atm? Am hoping once the stubble is here that i'll fancy going for a potter.

Im sure he isnt worried and Im sure hes enjoying a holiday!

I am the same - with working silly shifts and having my two, I often dont feel like riding. I get just as much out of spending time, if not more, with them than riding - As far as I see it, Im paying for them, I will do what I want I dont have a necessity to ride

Ah, glad I'm not the only one! I'd much rather be pottering round the field doing things with them than actually riding - but then I feel guilty as Archie loves getting out and about although, not sure he's that bothered about not being ridden.

Thanks PFB

Yep. I feel Im using every excuse in the book not to ride and I just dont know why.

OH has done so much work, all 12 hour shifts or away, he was meant to have 18 days off this month but will only have 8. Doing 12 hour shifts day and nights he gets more than w-ends but not this month.

Eldest off from school so him nagging in my ear whatever I do at the yard.

LL bolted the other day, I think as she had no flash and being silly in the wind or nappy - who knows.

The school isnt finished yet and I need someone to do it for me but they havent had time.

I could have ridden to day but just didnt feel in the mood, I feel bad as I have her and dont want to use her.

I just want the school finished, OH to be at home for a few days and a good RI to progess forward to our hacking out alone nothing phases us old self.

newrider.com