Losing weight

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Hi everyone, I've got about 6lb to lose before I go away in 7 weeks.

I've been trying to eat well but I am exhausted now. I do lots of exercise every day and I don't think I'm eating enough for how much I do, but at the same time I'm not losing any weight either.

I've been eating 3 meals a day, lots of fruit and veg etc and a lot less snacking but my weight is holding steady for the last 2 weeks.

Any tips on things to eat to fill up and get energy without too many cals.

Maybe you really don't need to lose anything! Seriously, if you are at your optimum weight and doing hard exercise your body is probably holding on to the weight cos it needs to? I might be talking twaddle:p

Reactions: joosie and Gimp
My weight is a steady 160-165lbs (11.5st ish) regardless, I can go to the gym 5 days a week eating super healthy or sit on my backside doing nothing with pizza, it very rarely goes outside this range, however at this weight I can range from a size 10 to a 16, I loose volume by working out and eating better but my body lays down muscle quickly, muscle weighs more than fat by volume hence I never loose weight just girth!
Just really saying don't focus everything on the needle on the scale, if you have toned up and fit in your bikini I shouldn't worry about it. I ate like a horse on our big ride and lost perhaps 2lbs, but everyone commented I'd lost tons when I got back :D

Reactions: Trewsers and Gimp
With the heat we are having and the amount of exercise you are doing, make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. If you feel like you're just a bit bloated eating a low carb/high protein diet helps me get rid of water retention which usually amounts to around 6lbs and just flattens out my tummy.

Reactions: Trewsers
Change your exercise pattern, change to interval training or a different machine if in the gym so if you don't normally use the rower use that for 15 then change to the runner for 15. Also take a look at the exercise that you are doing soemtimes the right type of traininer for 20mins can be better than a 50min session it is all down to what you do and how you do it.

Also change from 3 meals a day to 5 smaller ones it can be the same healthy food just spread over a period of time.

Losing that last amount takes hard work

I really just want to lose that last bit, have a little bit of a belly and chunky thighs so would feel better back down at my old weight.

I cycle an hour and a bit a day, fast speed of about 20-25mph most of the time. I now
run too, over the weekend I did 20km so about 12miles, prob do 15miles a week at least if not more.

Yesterday I had wholemeal bagels for brekkie, cheese sandwich and fruit salad for lunch, quiche and salad for dinner, had one ice lolly and cereal bar for snacks

5 meals sounds good maybe that will give me more energy, what sort of thing/amount would be a meal?

Thanks will give this a try, bit worried if I cut out carbs I will have no energy whatsoever though haha
With the heat we are having and the amount of exercise you are doing, make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. If you feel like you're just a bit bloated eating a low carb/high protein diet helps me get rid of water retention which usually amounts to around 6lbs and just flattens out my tummy.

Cut out the bread and pastry (quiche) that you mentioned in what you ate - you had bread morning and afternoon - I am on slimming world and I lost 4lbs the first week and 2 every week since, maybe you could have a look as it should help get to target for your holiday. I think if you cut out bread you could loose more as it bloats most people as well.

Typical Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on 2 medium wholemeal toast, lunch chicken salad and melon, dinner would be steak jacket potato and salad or syn free chilli/ snacks mullerlight yogurt and fruit, plus you get some syns to play with for the odd treat....

I do interval training too - a bit too much i have discovered, but every other day 33 mins and I am dead... where I could jog for an hour and not be sweaty (much!) I also use a heart rate monitor to make sure my effort is enough!

Down 2 stone since Easter... 2 more to go!

I have lots of energy with protein, it's a very good energy source, better than carbs for prolonged exercise. As Mo Farrah says, protein, practice, protein, practice hehe

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com