Lost my old boy this week

I'm so sorry. I know it'll make it harder to bear when your youngster misses him, I lost my Jessie last year - she was my 15 yr old border collie, I'd had her from a pup. I also have a 13 yr old Jack Russell, Tess. She has missed Jess desparately - my thoughts are with you.

Lesley

The youngster does have company, thank goodness, but the old guy was his special friend. I always took him with me when the 'baby' had to go anywhere. It made him so much calmer.
I hope he is happy wherever that is. I feel life is so cruel sometimes.
I was telling a friend about him and she said 'well, it was his time and we all have to go sometime.' But it certainly doesn't make it any easier.
Another person said to me 'are you getting another one?' as if they can be replaced so easily. If only it was that simple.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know there will be a time in my life when I will have to deal with the loss of a horse, but I am not looking forward to it. At least you know that he was as loved and as comfortable as possible up to the very end.

Thank you very much

The vet was really good and made it much easier for me. I didn't want to have to make a decision if there was even a slight chance I could save him. He actually said it was the only option so it was taken out of my hands.
I am going to write to thank him as he was very patient and understood how hard it was.

newrider.com