Lovely afternoon riding Sam today

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
Not a lot to report on but with this this lovely weather we have this weekend, decided to ride Sam for the first time since the start of the winter.

I last rode Sam at the end of October, I never manage to ride during the winter months but the weather was ideal today, so he has had four months off.... Hopped on today with new gullet in my treeless, no issues mounting which is unheard of, had 15 mins on each rein and Sam was brilliant, never put a foot wrong and seemed to be enjoying himself too...

It was so warm and Sam in still in his yeti coat so he was very sweaty so I hopped off, and gave him loads of fuss.

I am so looking forward to spring... And I love my pony:inlove:

YAY!!! What a great post to read!! And after 4 months off? Wow - he's a true wonder horse! You've got yourself a good'um there Nat!

What a good boy. Any chance of a piccie? I'm not sure I've ever seen him!

He is very much a chunky monkey daisy, maybe too much so... no rug all winter and not sure he has shifted an ounce... :biggrin: I reckon the scientists need to see him... first horse to have been born with no ribs...:giggle:

He is very much a chunky monkey daisy, maybe too much so... no rug all winter and not sure he has shifted an ounce... :biggrin: I reckon the scientists need to see him... first horse to have been born with no ribs...:giggle:

No ribs :giggle: .... Mine have wintered out with no rugs too, and i swear Dixie has put on weight !!!! lol !!!! So i feel your pain there.

newrider.com