Lovely evening at the yard last night.

Yesterday the weather was glorious. All 6 horses got worked.

Paddy pony wore a proper bridle for the first time in ages and worked lovely in it, previous home he had a bad reaction to a bit and they didn't ride him in one again just on the head collar. The girl who is riding at mine had been riding him in a head collar but he got way too strong last week and we attempted a bridle again today. Seems he's happy enough in a bit but if you are going to haul on him then he has a bad reaction. Fair enough really then!

The man was home early from work and rode jasper for the first time in ages, it annoys me that he can get on him and ride perfectly as if he rides every day of his life!!

I rode my patchy pony who had almost a week off and usually it's wise to lunge him the first day back but as it was so warm I figured he would be ok!

He was flipping marvellous. We've been having some major concentration issues and differences of opinion. Especially over the picnic table by the gate. I've cracked him in walk and trot as he is balanced enough for me to control his speed which is what he uses a against me to spook violently at the table. Canter is still a work in progress though as he can be quite flat and long in hyena canter still and he can majorly use this against me.

Anyway last night he was soft and bouncy cantering around and although I had to hold him together and keep my legs really close to his side while he is cantering to stop him slamming the brakes on and chucking his head up while he went past his scary corner, he did it without too much argument and only spooked sideways on which he rectified immediately by staying in canter and circling back round and reapproaching it properly. Usually he breaks into a god awful trot and head shoots up.

Went home on such a high because of him, it's such a tiny thing really to most people, and with all of my other horses that picnic table is nothing special, but for me and him that's been a huge barrier, just hope he plans on keeping that up and it wasn't a fluke day lol. Onwards to the next thing he decides is really scary lol, it's never ending with him he will find something else to play up with, it's why I love him, but he doesn't normally be so persistent over one thing like he has that.

Reactions: Trewsers
He's an arse to most people. I get lots and lots of comments of I don't know how you do it lol. He's just extremely opinionated most of the time his opinions coincide with mine but sometimes they really don't and his stubborn and stroppy side really comes out then. He's one of the most clever and at times complicated horses I've ever had the pleasure of owning but I wouldn't change him.

He's the sort of horse that would land in the wrong hands and be passed from pillar to post, either be severely beaten and abused into submission, or more likely retaliate at the attempt of someone beTing him and seriously hurt someone.

I had one like that, sadly I lost him last year but for 15 years he was my best friend and I wouldn't have changed him for the world :D

newrider.com