Lovely hack today ... took my mum out successfully

G

Guest 2

I am still looking after Gypsy and D by myself (I usually just go up a few times a week but owner is on holiday). On the second week now. Have ridden quite a lot.

Last week i let my mum ride D and i rode Gypsy. However after the ride D was showing signs of lameness (not major) so i gave her some time off, anyway shes completely back to normal now.
Went on another ride with my mum today but I let her ride Gypsy and I rode D as i thought this was more appropiate.

The ride was amazing. My mum cantered as well, and she hadn't canter for abit 5 years i was so pleased with her. And I cantered D, which was her first canter in a big open field while she has been with us.
D's canter is so smooth and rather fast today but like a rocking horse to sit to.

Will get pictures soon but i was rushed for time today :)

Hows everyone elses hacking/riding been this summer so far?
I'm glad the weather is better now

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a recent picture of D as i dont think you lot have seen her before. Shes a really nice bombproof mare :) but was neglected abit so underweight but you cant tell too much from this picture.

darcy.jpg

Awww D is gorgeous:)
Glad you had a nice hack & good for your mam!!

I had a great hack on sunday from my RS, the farmers field had just been plowed (sp?) so we had a good old blast all the way up to the top:D, definately blew the cobwebs away!!

Sounds like you had a nice hack aswell :)
Yeah we had a nice canter on the edge of the famers field .... :)
I didnt think D was that fast until yesterday, she definately enjoyed it

Sounds great!! I've been taking advantage of the good weather too, me and Red went on our first solo canter hack and we both loved it :D We're doing it again today!!

Also, they've finally managed to cut the hay off the fields which means we'll be able to ride in the hayfield now!

Well i took D on her first solo hack since she has been with us, and she was brilliant. Only neighed once and was eager to please! And we had a few canters aswell.

newrider.com