Low energy feeds

Well I use Dengie Good Doer for my 2. It's their lowest calorie chaff, the next one up on the scale is Hi Fi Lite.

For the vits and mins you can either go with a powdered suppliment (I was using pink powder last year), or go for a lo cal balancer. I personally use Bailey's Lo Cal but there are others general suppliments and balancers on the market. :)

Mine don't need any additional energy, I feed purely to get a broad spectrum of vits and mins into them as I'm not convinced my pasture has every in it that they need. Many others don't feed all year round.

At the moment mine get a mix of Allen & Page Fast Fibre, Dengie Good Doer & Top Spec Lite (LU) or AntiLam (Jim). The FF is really only added to mix Jim's supplements in, he tends to leave them if the feed is dry & the Good Doer doesn't damp down very well.

I think TS Lite is meant to be the lowest calorie balancer on the market & Good Doer seems to be the lowest chaff I've found that's easily available.

Mine is on dengie good doer and ride and relax.

Dengie good doer has molasses and alfalfa in it - both of which could be fizz inducing.

newrider.com