Magnetic Boots/Bands

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Am not really sure where to put this.

McTimoney lady came out, was super pleased with the difference in Tobes shoulders and was almost complimentary about the work we had done to fix them - nearly fell over as she is quite a task master!!!

HOWEVER, Tobes was then unlevel (slightly behind), and he had a thickening on one leg above the fetlock joint which actually did cause him to often 'give' with that leg. Why I hadn't thought there was an issue, rather than thinking he wasn't concentrating,I don't know, probably because I am a dreadful owner.

We were given some rotational exercises to do, but unfortunately at the time we were deep into lambing, and I just didn't have the time to do the exercises, so I bought a magnetic band for that back leg and put it on every night, so I felt I was doing something and had decided that I would do the exercises once I have got rid of the huge pens full of tame lambs that need feeding every evening as well - which are still there - grr!!!

I have to say, that leg is giving way an awful lot less than it was. And I have upped his work quite a lot as friend and I are riding twice in the week early before work as well as weekends, and two weekends in a row we have done mega long rides - once out with the yard, and once on a fun ride.

So, am thinking although a lot of people poo poo magnetic therapy, and I was a bit ambivalent about it all but bought the band as a sop to myself for not having time to do the exercises ............. I think I am quite impressed!!!

I am a big believer in magnetic therapy. I use magnetic wraps to increase the bloodflow to areas and injuries in my horses and magnetic bracelet myself with good results.

I have been raving about these bands for years and not many people have listened. I know LWTB got one for Tango and loads of people at my yard have commented but none have actually parted with the £30 but spending a small mortgage on supplements!!!!

I am really please that tobes has felt a difference.

We have magnetic leg wraps, they are brilliant and we have seen huge improvements when they are in use. one size they have been used on Shetland through to TB at various times and for various reasons.

newrider.com