Magnetic Rugs ? Anyone got one?

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Does anyone have a magnetic rug?

recommendations on which is a good brand to get ?

any disadvantages to them?

I haven't got one but always thought Mr Joe would have benefited - specially in his later years. There was areview on them in Your Horse mag about 6 months ago - I will try and find it for you (I keep all my old mags)

I have read quite a bit about them helping for warm up and after exercise.

But i have also read they can help circulation, joint swelling and arthritic changes. the complete science behind it i am not sure and would say have read more up on them, but they so far seem to be extremely beneficial

Izzy has one of the older versions of the Premier Equine magnetic rugs. He wears it while travelling mainly.

I don't know if it makes a difference really, except that he travels really nicely in it and arrives calm and happy. He gets off the lorry ready to work and never needs long to warm up. But whether that is due to the rug or just him - who knows. My osteo lady says that it probably does help him and he is in good condition - no sore spots, loose, supple, great lift through back etc - so she says to keep using it. Think it is good for after endurance rides.

My friend has an ex-racer who has an SI injury and is very tense behind and on his back and she has borrowed if for him and said she notices that he is a lot looser and feels more supple and ready to work when she gets on. She is going to buy one as she definitely think his back is better for wearing it.

I have magnetic brushing boots,mainly to help Tilley ch she is in for so long and lami risk.

Yeap I had one but I never really used it I had the bioflow it was magga expensive they are good for travelling in as said. My lad has arthritis in his hocks so I brought magnetic boots then a magnetic band instead that can stay on all the time and I think they help.

newrider.com