Magnetic Stable boots?

Befnee's Hero

Jul 1, 2009
Somerset
Hero my TB (he's 14) is at the moment under vet investigation for slight lameness in his front legs - more noticable when turning a left corner. Vet is querying foot balance problems etc and we have been in 6 weeks of wearing heart bar shoes etc so far. Any how.. Hero is generally getting stiff and 'clicky' now so I have started him on Equine America Glucosamine 1000 plus MSM supplement. He's one of those that can't be in the stable for more than an hour and a half with out his legs swelling up so he is bandaged all winter while in and turned out in the day to walk it off.

Do you think that magnetic boots for him to wear in the stable might help his circulation/ stiffness? Also, is there a limit to how long you can leave them on for? Been googling and premier equines magnetic boots say you should build up to 4 hours maximum on at a time. Is this the same for all magnetic boots? I have always avoided them in the past because they are not exactly cheap, but am happy to buy them if they will help. He already wears turn out chaps in the winter alot as he gets awful mud fever dispite all my precautions/treatments. Have looked at equilibriums and they seem pretty good? Any advice/ recommendations? Any one have any experience of them helping?

Thanks

Hiya, sorry to hear about hero being poorly. Its a difficult time when you are unsure what it actually is. Abby has had magnetic boots when she was on box rest and now has the equilibrium wraps. They are great. She had a mega fly bite on her inside leg and this inflammed her tendon and she went lame (3 weeks ago) i bought the wraps and used them every night and now every other night. I really think they work. She also has navicular changes so i think that they will help improve circulation for that too.

They are not cheap but in my opinion a good investment for having. You can use them on others aswell.

It might not be your think but id look into getting shoes off (i can see shock horror on peoples faces that im yet again saying get rid of shoes). Abby had eggbars on and they made her worst and that led me to barefoot and i have never looked back! :biggrin:

We used Mag boots and the stable wraps on our TB, swear by them, we use them for our Cob now if she gets a bit stiff they soon sort her out.

It might not be your think but id look into getting shoes off (i can see shock horror on peoples faces that im yet again saying get rid of shoes). Abby had eggbars on and they made her worst and that led me to barefoot and i have never looked back! :biggrin:

Unfortunately already tried bare foot (for 6 months last year) and being a TB his feet disintergrated. Mainly want to help his stiffness in his legs which I think (even though he's only 14) is old age knocking on the door. Glad you can wear them for longer periods of time - thinking of replacing his normal stable bandaging with the boots definately. The Equilibrium ones look good - glad to see people have had results with magnetic boots definately!!

Unfortunately already tried bare foot (for 6 months last year) and being a TB his feet disintergrated. Mainly want to help his stiffness in his legs which I think (even though he's only 14) is old age knocking on the door. Glad you can wear them for longer periods of time - thinking of replacing his normal stable bandaging with the boots definately. The Equilibrium ones look good - glad to see people have had results with magnetic boots definately!!

Oh well it was a thought. I love the chaps, id recommend them to anyone, im 110% that they work and contributed to a quicker recovery :happy: Im wishing Hero a speedy recovery and hope you get to the bottom of it :wavespin:

P.S i had abby on Global Herbs movefree plus which seemed to help and on here have heard good reports about tumeric? Things keep popping in my head now :unsure:

I have used the bioflow stuff and had he rug. I changed the rug for the boots in the summer as they can be left on in the field at night in the summer and in the day in the winter. They can be left on for 12hours at a time.

Mine cost £50 pounds and worth every penny. plus they just pop in the washing machine when they get muddy.

I also own thermextex leg wraps that I use in the winter at night to help with stiffness and filling. these again are awesome both are worth the money.

newrider.com