Male or Female Boss?

I prefer a male boss, and male colleagues - I hate working for a woman and alongside women! My happiest job I had was when I lived down in cornwall doing the admin at a builders merchants. I was the only woman and we had brilliant banter and laughter and I kept them all in line! My boss was a wonderful man also, and my fellow workforce were just the best. I was devastated to leave that job, and still regret it to this day ! ( had to move back up north)

I had message board in the ladies loos as SOMEONE kept using it.. and I never found out who it was... but I had a series of messages from the culprit and practical jokes planted in it :throwball::giggle:

Being your own boss is best though :biggrin:

I did not really gel with any of my bosses and most were women. Had one man boss and I cannot print what I thought of him! He was an old fashioned, bigotted git with his own shi* sense of humour and an ugly so and so to boot. Yaye rant on Trews!!!! lol
Joe Public take some dealing with - having worked in retail on a self employed basis - yoi could class them as your boss, afterall, they help pay my overheads!!!
Self employment will always be my preference. I am not a herd animal or team player - there isn't room for me in a company. I am better being like a cat - and walking alone!

It's half and half for me - all my horsey bosses have been women, all my bsses in non-horsey jobs have been men - and tbh I can't say I have a preference as I don't think I've ever noticed a difference!

I have only had a couple of women bosses and I detested both of them, such bitches! I wonder when I have been the boss in later years if I was so badly thought off too?:redface: Probably!:giggle:

On the other hand any male bosses and co workers have been great, without exception, but perhaps I just had good luck, I don't know really.:unsure:

My current boss is the best, he is a lovely person, despite being a man. :mstickle:

I have had good and bad bosses of both sexes. About 50/50 for both.

I've mainly had female bosses but I don't think it's a gender thing, I think it's whether you click with them as a person. My current boss (a woman) is the nicest boss I've ever had, and has become a good friend even though she's a good 20 years older than me.

Most of my direct bosses have been male most have been OK I just wish one had a back bone:frown:

As a boss myself I know the females hate me:throwball:

All my bosses, both male and female have been equally useless. I don't have a preference, just wish that they would leave me alone!

I think there must be a secret hidden clause in manager positions because like you pretty much every boss (bar 2) I have ever had have been beyond useless .
FM - current bosses are both male & I think I have had had a majority of male bosses. I can actually only think of one female who was one i of my better bosses but I think as we got along it helped.

Generally I tend to hate female bosses for being hormonal, fickle creatures who like you one day, and not the next.

And the blokes I've had as bosses have been spineless creatures that always disappoint me for not being manly enough. But then again, most men disappoint me for that reason managers or not!

newrider.com