Mane alert

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Trying to get the Buddyboo tidied up for showing.....finally had a look at his mane......he has rubbed and lost a bit about 6 inches from withers.....much shorter. The rest of the mane is about 1ft long in places. It is also thick. I don't plait him or pull his mane as I like him to be natural. So did I just tidy it up a bit and have a short bit or bring the rest up to that - it is going to be very thick though. this is him last year at Border Union, his mane tends to not stay on one side as he shakes and prances as he goes. It's only going to be very noticeable if/when he actually stands with it where it should be......TAS_1416d copy.jpg

What a beautiful boy! He's positively gleaming! Spare a thought for me - this is AFTER grooming :(20190316_093639.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
Manes are just a nightmare, especially with rugs. You just get it all nice again and winter comes, rugs go on and off comes that little patch of mane. Raf's is always rubbed at the bottom. A friend's livery is more annoying because it's a chunk about 6 inches from the bottom that's missing, like a 2 inch gap in the mane and another friend was really hoping to grow out her pony's hog - he's got the most gorgeous flaxen mane and tail - but he's a rubber and he's rubbed about 6 inches out of his.

Lucky that Buddy tosses his all over, that's very handy.

Haha @Huggy. He's still gorgeous, maybe just a little more elbow grease? ;):D:D

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
At the mo Bud's mane is more like Huggy's. It's annoying, this wide chunk missing/shorter. will clean it up a bit and get is combed out and see what we are left with his major show is july, first show is early may

Reactions: Huggy
Manes are just a nightmare, especially with rugs. You just get it all nice again and winter comes, rugs go on and off comes that little patch of mane. Raf's is always rubbed at the bottom. A friend's livery is more annoying because it's a chunk about 6 inches from the bottom that's missing, like a 2 inch gap in the mane and another friend was really hoping to grow out her pony's hog - he's got the most gorgeous flaxen mane and tail - but he's a rubber and he's rubbed about 6 inches out of his.

Lucky that Buddy tosses his all over, that's very handy.

Haha @Huggy. He's still gorgeous, maybe just a little more elbow grease? ;):D:D
Trouble is, I get him all groomed and glossy, turn around to get the tack, and when I turn back, that's what he looks like! :mad:

Reactions: Bodshi
He is a shire x and he is in veteran up to county level. We would be marked down anyway as I don't show in a bridle and the picture of him is at Border Union where he was second in a very strong class in his age group and 4th overall so he looked really good. Judge said as it's a hot day, only trot 1/3 of the ring but buddy took off and did the lap.....

The mane was chopped last week, and he had a bath yesterday. now trying to get it nice and neater and straighter, took about six inches off it so it is up to just below the level of the missing bit so it isn't quite so obvious.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com