March chat

If that was the case then he didn't need to stay in ICU and the bed should be available for someone who really needed it.
ICU told him to contact them if he felt it was too soon, which he did. Another day in ICU would probably have meant that he went home earlier as his time on the ward increased his stay and also reduced his wellbeing through lack of sleep. ICU was not full when he was there and he could access a toilet in his room more easily.

Can anyone tell me what this odd plant is? Itā€™s on the edge of the forest, I presume it must have escaped someone garden!
IMG_8966.jpeg

Thank you for your comment, the original comment was as expected and not required.

My comment had been pointing out that the doctors had felt he was well enough to not need an ICU bed, something most people would be relieved about since those beds are for dangerously ill patients. We were so relieved once my dad was moved from ICU after a similar op, though his was for UC and more extensive since a lot was too damaged to be viable. But then we didn't think the hospital revolved around him and went along with doctors and his consultants decisions.

My comment had been pointing out that the doctors had felt he was well enough to not need an ICU bed, something most people would be relieved about since those beds are for dangerously ill patients. We were so relieved once my dad was moved from ICU after a similar op, though his was for UC and more extensive since a lot was too damaged to be viable. But then we didn't think the hospital revolved around him and went along with doctors and his consultants decisions.
I would appreciate it if you would refrain from commenting further if you have to be so snide. I did not think the hospital revolved around my husband, but moving him too early and having major setbacks prolonged his stay by three days and also caused him great distress. Having to clean the ward at 3am didn't help the other patients either

Last edited:
Presumably the doctors didn't think it was too early though, they wouldn't have moved him if they had since they don't want set backs and prolonged stays. He may or may not have been out sooner if he'd stayed in ICU, you don't know, but I find your criticism of the hospital unfair.

Did people see the news in regards to Kate?

Its such a shame that she has to discuss something so private and personal because the media and the internet can't leave her be. It's not social media, there is nothing social about making fun of her on memes and conspiracy theories.
It's Diana all over again.
Nobody wants there private medical stuff online, maybe everyone can now give her privacy she's asked for.

Reactions: carthorse
@newforest I also hope they give her some privacy now, though I wonder if she'd have been better doing as Charles did and issuing a brief statement straight away to stop the speculation. The cost of living in the public eye nowadays seems to be that nothing is private, I wouldn't want that lifestyle for any amount of money or status. I wish her some privacy, peace, and a full recovery.

And this is why any riding stables/centre should never let anyone ride without assistance.
Not because there is a risk of someone falling, but due to the risk of that person falling and then suing.
I know a yard that closed simply due the cost of the insurance and then being terrified of anyone falling off. Nobody was allowed to mount or tighten the girth, everyone rider or not was assisted before you went out round the farm.

• Sad
@newforest I also hope they give her some privacy now, though I wonder if she'd have been better doing as Charles did and issuing a brief statement straight away to stop the speculation. The cost of living in the public eye nowadays seems to be that nothing is private, I wouldn't want that lifestyle for any amount of money or status. I wish her some privacy, peace, and a full recovery.
I think she needed time to digest what she was told and to tell her children before it was out there due the world.
No way would I want that life, not that I am likely to bump into a prince anytime soon.

And this is why any riding stables/centre should never let anyone ride without assistance.
Not because there is a risk of someone falling, but due to the risk of that person falling and then suing.
I know a yard that closed simply due the cost of the insurance and then being terrified of anyone falling off. Nobody was allowed to mount or tighten the girth, everyone rider or not was assisted before you went out round the farm.

The brilliant riding school I went to for years, first riding their horses, then with Ramsey, shut for this very reason. They had amazing horses - I learned to jump there, and had really good hacks and lessons. Someone sued them, so they shut up shop, followed by 3 others in as many years. We have very few round here.

Also anyone who rides, knows that ANY horse, at ANY time, could spook at something. I'm afraid she sounds like a chancer to me.

Did people see the news in regards to Kate?

Its such a shame that she has to discuss something so private and personal because the media and the internet can't leave her be. It's not social media, there is nothing social about making fun of her on memes and conspiracy theories.
It's Diana all over again.
Nobody wants there private medical stuff online, maybe everyone can now give her privacy she's asked for.
I question the mental capacity and quality of life of the people who ruminate for days over edited photos, and a young woman's time of recuperation after major surgery. Ghastly people, leave the poor girl and her family alone.

Also anyone who rides, knows that ANY horse, at ANY time, could spook at something. I'm afraid she sounds like a chancer to me.
If the article is to be believed it sounds like he spun and fell over his own hooves before taking off.
That's exactly what mine did because they can completely unbalance themselves sometimes.
Any horse can take fight, no matter how quiet they are, they won't have seen absolutely everything.
Even I can jump at things sometimes and she didn't notice.

Reactions: Huggy
Well the fair is here, no I didn't go on that ride.
And yes that's adjacent to the river so it must be a bit of extra adrenaline rush for landing in it. šŸ˜

collage-1711211342644.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com