Maxam and Griffin ??Saddle experts help !

denisextilly

May 4, 2009
west yorkshire
Does anyone know if the thorowgood maxam cob would be the same fit as a griffin T4 cob ?? I am having real trouble finding a T4 ,but have seen a few maxam cobs for sale .
All advice gratefully recieved! :smile:

Thats a shame I've got a 18" with the xxw going spare. I've only used it 3 times. I have a collection saddles and keep them just in case I have more saddles than rideable horses.

Last edited:
I dont know about the cob, but the pony maxam vs the pony griffin, the griffin goes slightly wider than the maxam - even though the "same widths" you have slightly more width D-D on the griffin.

But dont know if that traslates to the cob as well - I wanted a griffin for madam but in smaller sizes they are hard to get hold of.

Theres one for sale in the tack and saddle section might be alright if it has changeable gullet. (In the classified adds near the bottom of the page)

Last edited:
Yes it is the same tree but just the finish is of a lower standard.
We ordered a T4 cob through my saddler and had it within the week. So glad we did as it is fantastic.

Thanks for that,Tilly already has the T4 cob and I need the same one for Spirit as it fits him really well,but didn't want to pay out for a new one as he may change as he fills out etc .:smile:

Thanks daftdraught ,off to have a look :)

newrider.com