Measuring A Treeless, Suggestion For Companies

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Can you not stamp the size on them.

For those that stamp the make, why not add the size on it as well. Looking for a saddle its amazing how many people do not know how to measure and then when they do its wrong.
There have been at least 3 so far measured incorrectly and that includes going to look at one so obviously the wrong size.

So for Barefoot sizes just stamp on the 0,1or 2
For those that do not have the adjustable seat, stamp 15, 16 or 17.
Dartmoor treefree, Dream, Torsion etc

I have suggested this before when i was looking last time. I know this issue happens with treed but i think correct me, that some treed are stamped with the width? I know i owned one that was stamped.

Good idea and put the size of treeless pads on the labels!!!! How many people I have asked on ebay who are selling an Equitex if it's suitable for an 18 inch saddle and they are like "errr I didn't know they came in different sizes" then proceed to give you incorrect measurements! Basically only safe to buy if they have specified they have used it under the same saddle that you have.. maybe!

Yes good idea to add the pads in.

I agree i have asked is it a high wither pad, i get i don't know do they sell those then.

They could add the label next to make as they do for rugs.

I do wonder if the confusion on the size equates to the saddle not actually fitting. People are buying what they think is size x and squeezing their bum in!

I bought a full size bareback pad that was clearly pony. Its also these as well that could with a p , c or f on it.

Last edited:
newrider.com