medical card/arm band

posie

Honey's slave...
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
www.barkscotland.com
i thought i was being very organised the other day when i bought myself a medical card arm band ready for jx training next weekend.... but what exactly do i put in it?! :confused: it didn't come with anything in it - none of them in the shop did and i didn't really think at the time...

is there a genertic card i can print off and put in it?? (done uick google and not finding anything) or do i just make up a peice of paper with details on...? and if so what details? (for jx and xc type stuff)

(am i sounding v blonde yet?!:eek:)

Name
Age and dob
Emergency contact numbers for someone with you and at home.
Drs Name and adddress
Any allergies/allergic reactions/medical conditions
Blood group if you know it.
Vehicle registration

Just make up a card to fit but they do normally come with a card.

I have my name and home phone number
OH's mobile
Medications I'm on and medical conditions (especially important if you have epilepsy - which is what I have down - or diabetes or any similar condition)
Blood group

I have no allergies but if you do you should have that noted.

I don't have GPs number or my age and DOB but that would be good too.

a lot of these were in snaffles which surprised me

you forgot the complimentary 5 point breastplate! (with sheepskin ;))

oh crap... honey and i are going to look soo last season with an eggbutt :eek: snaffle, plain noseband, no breastplate at all and no sheepskin :rolleyes:
oh - and my medical arm band on my arm of all places...
poor girly - she wont want to be seen in public :eek:

I ended up with mine as a bracelet after one xc and have worn it on my boot ever since ;)

Mine asks what religion you are :eek: Daren't ask why!

Not a fashion. :p To prevent the arm band from slipping around during the XC phase it has to be tight. This then tends to make it uncomfortable. Hence strapping to boot.

Yes DH is right! Mine was on my arm last weekend and it ended up flappin about round my wrist! i was soo close to chucking it off!

newrider.com