Meet Ruby...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Just realised that I haven't introduced the other love of my life....

This is Ruby...

Ruby014.jpg

She's our 2.5yo black lab and we've had her since she was 11 weeks....

DSC00167.jpg

0903280006.jpg

0903270034.jpg

I didn't actually want a really young puppy as I remembered the hassle of our previous dog as a baby but this time I had so much free time with her that it was actually really easy. Because she was a little older, she was clean in the house within a week and learned basic training things really quickly. The only thing she's not hugely good at is walking on a lead because we live on a 100-acre estate and it's a half-mile drive to the nearest road so Ruby doesn't ever need to be on a lead here. She goes out in the grounds with Dom most of the day (he's a gardener). She is crated at night or if we go out - she has been from day one and it's not a problem for her because she doesn't know any different. I say "Mummy's got to go to work now" and she runs into her cage. She also has a tail that wags the dog! She's a wibbly one! She's of the short, stocky, thick-set labs so we're very careful about watching her weight - although she does get the occasional pigs ear treat.

She is one of the nicest, kindest dogs you could meet. Everyone that meets her falls in love with her, even non-doggy people. There is not an ounce of malice in her and she's brilliant with all other dogs... she just lays down and shows them her tummy - a totally submissive TART! :bounce:

Ruby006.jpg

She's also master of the "depressed labrador" face too!! :giggle:

DSC03225-1.jpg

DSC03532.jpg

EbayMay2010003.jpg

0908050021.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

What a lovely girl :happy: I wish I had 100 acres to exercise Cooper, my Dalmatian,on, he loves people and other dogs far too much and has to go and meet everyone.

Ah we have a ruby as well...loving the photos....love the depressed one, our ruby is good at that too....... We have four black labs, handful or what! :angel:

newrider.com