memories are made of this - Fits feel free to add..

M

mu0ljk

I just wanted to put some pictures of Sidney up on here. Fit's if you want to add any pictures of Werner then please do.

I got Sid on permanant loan 3 years ago - infact 3 years ago last MOnday. When I got him he was in a poor state of neglet. Wormy, dehydrated, ribby and with sores from a duvet which he had sweated on.
This is when I tried him. But he was so sweet and genuine that I knew he was right for me.

sidtryout.jpg

I gave him lots of love and food etc and it didn't take long for him to start feeling much better! Here he is in the following summer,

HPIM1124.jpg

HPIM1106.jpg

I started to get brave and decided to wind him up and let him go....
HPIM1066.jpg

Then I decided to have lessons on him as I knew I wasn't really doing him justice, and was a very lazy boy!!

My RI got us doing our first dressage comp,
HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0755.jpg

Then the owner rang me and said she was moving down to somerset and she would like to give me Sidney. Well how could I refuse?!

and then scarily after some jumping lessons...which were always far too small for him!
HPIM4293.jpg

HPIM4291.jpg

HPIM4296.jpg

we entered our first jumping comp!!! I had no idea what I was doing (I was tricked - I thought I was doing a clear round but no I had been entered in the beginners jumping). I got a clear round, then had to go into a jump off! I jumped 2 extra jumps as I didn't know the course had changed but ended up 6th!! Dead chuffed with that!! He really looked after me that day!

DSC00048.jpg

more to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more dressage,
HPIM4527.jpg

and some general hacking, schooling, chilling out pics,
HPIM1082.jpg

Picture187.jpg

HPIM2170.jpg

HPIM2191.jpg

HPIM2202.jpg

HPIM2209.jpg

HPIM2213.jpg

HPIM2222.jpg

HPIM2221.jpg

more to come...

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

HPIM4541.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

A picture my mum did
HPIM4069.jpg

And, the most recent picture taken last Thursday
DSC00878.jpg

He was such lovely boy, so kind and genuine would never hurt a fly - he taught me so much and I had so many plans for us and I will never forget you Sidney. Loved him so much. Never knew I could cry so much.

mu0lk that was lovely.

So very sorry for your loss, he was a handsome boy and you both matched really well, you did your best for him.

Loved the pictures,

RIP Sidney xxxxx

Sympathetic hugs and thoughts beingg sent your way mu0ljk,

Vix
x

Oh MuOljk :( I missed your other thread so its a shock to see this.

I think Sid went through the most amazing transformation of all (and there have been some good ones on NR) to see his happy face from what he came from must make you so proud. You did a wonderful job with him, gave him a second life.

RIP Sid

Oh!!! :(

*sniff* Tear in my eye now...

What a lovely tribute to your time together.... You did so well with him.

Once again, RIP Sid

xxx

How lovely!!! He really did change and is a complete credit to you! Am pleased you have so many lovely photos of him, he's a cutey pie!!! (love the one of the muzzle... snuffle)

I am so very sorry about what happened to him and I hope you can take comfort in what really seemed to be 3 very full years!!

May he live forever with you via your memories and your photos!! Worth his weight in gold!

*sniff*

What a fabulous lot of pictures to treasure forever.

You can never have to many.

xx

what lovely memories. I am so sorry about your very sad loss. What a beautiful horse. xxx

(love the one of the muzzle... snuffle)

Me too!! Very cute - like his eye - it's all soft! :p

Thanks for all your kind support and hey I wish you all could have met him - as long as you had brought a carrot each he would have welcomed you all into his stable! ;)

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute to Sidney:) .
Love the picture of him with the snow falling....such a kind eye!
R.I.P. Sidney...gone...but never forgotten.

Me crying too - you transformed that horse, what amazing & lovely photos.

Oh wow! He was a credit to you! Amazing transformation...

Beautiful photographs, I wish I had more of my boy.. the best ones were taken by Rips when she visited in June, perhaps I'll add some tomorrow.

I really hope you're doing ok.. I'm trying to keep things in perspective here. It really has been a kick in the teeth.

My Dad said something lovely today, that our animals are only 'on loan' to us for a short time, and its a privilege to have them when they are with us..

Run free at the bridge Sid...Maybe he's chillin' with Werner up there...

Beautiful photographs, I wish I had more of my boy.. the best ones were taken by Rips when she visited in June, perhaps I'll add some tomorrow.

My Dad said something lovely today, that our animals are only 'on loan' to us for a short time, and its a privilege to have them when they are with us..

Yes, please do! would love to see some photos of him!! He looked lovely on the ones you have already!

What a lovely thing to say! yes, they are on loan to us and it's our job to make their time with us as wonderful as possible!! ** note to self, appreciate every day **

I was worried that you were off forum for so long, but am pleased you are trying to keep a level mind. Keep the good moments, they will cheer you up (as well as make you cry buckets) - he sounds like he had a fab life with you!

newrider.com