Menieres

Hi Marge, I cant say its nice to know there are others with menieres riding but it helps to know your not alone. I agree with old but trying, just being around the horse is enough sometimes, last night whilst getting mine in I had balance problems, mainly because meneries is worsened by the dark of course and not having anything to fix onto to balance...however once in the yard my walking improved (i think im lucky my horse doesnt mind me leaning on him for support!) and I was able to spend a while recovering-I often feed him when this happens and the de-rug and sort him after as generally I have recovered by then!:p However If im having a bad "ear" day I just go and hang out with him and do stuff I dont get time to do if I ride, like clear my feed shed and wash brushes etc. Hang on in there Marge, keep up the exercises-one I have learnt is to pick things up with my bare feet-saves bending and means less giddyness:p

I can agree that stress worsens menieres, certainly when I have a really stressful day in the office or feel anxious and under pressure it gets worse :( although I have been riding in pretty stressful situations (horse bolting off etc) and my "ears" have been ok! however the plus side is that horses are generally good stress busters :p

newrider.com