Met a lovely horse

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
Since I have been so down about the loss of my share and other fav. horses, and simply riding what I was given, I am reporting that today I rode a sweet, soft, willing mare who may well steal my heart. She's 8 years old so young enough to see me out. I told her to keep her mind on me, as we were going to spend a lot of time together.

Isn't it a lovely feeling when you sense that connection? I look forward to hearing about your journey with her - what is her name by the way?

Is this a horse you are going to share or possibly buy?

Do tell us some more about her, she sounds lovely, I too would like to know her name and colour if nothing else :)

No teasing. I posted because I was happy to have had a nice ride. Not buying. My riding lesson fell through, so I seized the chance to ride a new horse, hacking at home from my usual RS where my old favourite also lives. I'll call the new horse, May. As we rode out early on a lovely May morning.

Last edited:
Its nice to find a horse you immediatley gel with, its not many times that happens Ive found and despite the amount Ive ridden and owned theres probabley 1... no actually make that 2, that truly stays gelled from the moment you climb aboard!

Thats great news. I have only really clicked with a handful of horses over my lifetime, but with each one that connection was instant. I bought Ben after having sat on him for just 5 minutes!

I look forward to lots of tales about the lovely May. x

I also had a nice that I posted about. It was invaluable in showing up the good and not so good points with my own.
Plus I didn't have to split my difference.

newrider.com