Michael Morrissey - suspended from excessive use of whip

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/299995.html

Watch how many times he uses his whip when approaching the jump! This infuriates me as 99% of the time, it's the riders fault for a horse refusing.. the 1% is usually down to bad behaviour. However, he seems to be very "sorry" but using his whip that much, must mean he does it regularly. It just looks dreadful, as if he's beating the horse up to make it go over the jump, and that's definitely not what riding is about!!!!! :banghead: Although i'm glad he's had some sort of punishment.

He says:-

"I overreacted when the horse stopped and that is unforgivable. Horse welfare has to take precedence over competitive interests and I know that I was in breach of that basic principle."

Too darn right you overreacted mate! Am very pleased that he has been banned - should have been for longer though.

what me & mum are saying is if he will do that infront of an arena of people .. what are they doing behind closed doors :cry::(:(:mad::mad:

what me & mum are saying is if he will do that infront of an arena of people .. what are they doing behind closed doors :cry::(:(:mad::mad:

Exactly!!! it means he does it regularly and gets so 'zoned' into his own riding that he doesn't care how competitive or how he handles his horse, as long as it means him winning. This is NOT how it works!!

Exactly!!! it means he does it regularly and gets so 'zoned' into his own riding that he doesn't care how competitive or how he handles his horse, as long as it means him winning. This is NOT how it works!!

yeah :(!! this is whats puts me off all these big "professional" showjumpers, give me my little local shows any day,

All I could say when I watched it was "what a ba**@@rd!!!! Really. I agree, do this sort of thing in public, what on earth do you do in private.

Unbelievable. Shame there is no smilie for shotgun to the head. That's what he deserves.:redcarded::redcarded::redcarded::redcarded:

that was no 'light taps' either..........wouldn't you just like 5 minutes in
a room with HIM and a WHIP:devil::redcarded::stomp:

3 Months ban is NOT enough!!

that was no 'light taps' either..........wouldn't you just like 5 minutes in
a room with HIM and a WHIP:devil::redcarded:

Sorry I must admit I had a little giggle at this as he would probably enjoy it!!

But definitely agree, he should be stomped on by his horse and see how he likes it!

He needs to be shamed and discussed as much as Mr PP. He is just as bad if not worse. I bet he will be forgotten about after a few posts though unfortunately.

Poor beasty, must have a heart of gold not to have bucked him off.

People like that dont derserve to be around horses, bet all he cares about is winning & how much prize money there is.

Glad hes banned, stupid idoit. :stomp:

Interesting that this kind of thing happens in the traditional world and people think nh is cruel, odd that.

Uh oh... you shouldn't have said that!! :unsure:

Well if that's true then, I'm going to give up riding altogether. It's cruel. NH is cruel, traditional is cruel, just having them is cruel... laminitis, bronchitis, tendonitis, ulcerative colitis - all we do is give them an itis and it's too much to bear.

I know, lets find a large expanse of land... Dorset? Who's for Dorset?.... take our mounts and we'll release them en masse. Off you go Neddy, run freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Dressage is bad, jumping is bad, lungeing is bad, shoeing is bad, not shoeing is bad - I've seen the light and I'm going to take up ski-ing.

See ya!!! :wavespin:

Who want's a left brained laminitic?

Think of all those poor trees you hurt making your skis :mad::mad:

(actually are they wood anymore??)... well youll be melting snow, your aiding global wamring tut tut!!!! Youll be skiing on ice caps and melting them soon...so selfish !!!

That said, sorry to disgree Moomoo - I dont think horses of that calibre refuse, in fact of any calibre refuse for no reason - be it to do with rider, striding, disliking the fence, tack etc - there is always a reason - unless you ask Silver in which case it is "Well I knew I could, sill ybitch on top nearly fell of too!!" *Silver collapses laughing*

Another point...the way he approaches the jump(the first time) looks like a dodgy angle...(or its just me being wierd lol)..
:happy:

Think of all those poor trees you hurt making your skis :mad::mad:

(actually are they wood anymore??)... well youll be melting snow, your aiding global wamring tut tut!!!! Youll be skiing on ice caps and melting them soon...so selfish !!!

:bounce: wood is soooooooo 1982 pf. It's carbon-composite now sweetie dahling. As if I'd ahctually ski? Knocking back sherry whilst dressed to ski is what you're supposed to do. You just just woop woop anyone who makes it down the nursery slope without the insurance company waving the papers.

Sorry moomoo, been hijacking threads again it's just that wehn... well.. nevermind.

Yes I saw the vid - if I was that horse I'd have sat on him. No actually, where is he, let me sit my fat hairy a*** on him!!!!!

newrider.com