Might have to take my self to Hospital in the morning....

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Went to use friend's arena tonight with the flood lights. All going well, until she got her mare out and the mare was having non of it.

To cut a long story short in the end the mare rushed backwards across the arena and double barrels Tór and me and got me in the leg. RIght on me metal bits. No point going to A&E now, there will not be a radiographer in, or anyone to look at x-rays....but it's a bit of a mess. Ho hum.

Tór was a star, he realised she was coming for him and tried to get us out of the way, but she was too quick. Once he realised I was hurt he just stood. He was like an old RDA pony while I got my breath and managed to slither off.

Reactions: Jessey
Really hope you are okay sounds very nasty. Someone I know got kicked while riding and it broke his leg in 2. A really bad injury, I don't know what metal bits you have but I hope your leg isn't too badly injured.

Oh my gosh Wally I hope your OK and no permanent damage has been caused. Well done Tor for looking after you like that he is wise beyond his years.

Oh my gosh Wally I hope your OK and no permanent damage has been caused. Well done Tor for looking after you like that he is wise beyond his years.
That little horse is just the best. She got me as he was skidaddling out the way so i was out the side door, he felt me go, caught me and stopped dead let me slump over his neck and never moved, Not even with friend lifting and dragging my leg over his bum, he was a star.

Poor Tor and poor you Wally. Quarrels and injuries in horse attacks on other horses have consequences that are hard to plan for. Both my dearly loved horses were put out of action by what other horses did to them . If you can't drive tomorrow get someone else to take you. And good luck.
Can't judge your hospital. Here they do call someone in out of hours if needed or if wounds need disinfecting and stitching. Being kicked by a horse always means hospital.

I got barrelled once out riding. I carried on and just thought I will stick a plaster on it later. It needed stitches as it had split my leg open and that was an unshod kick through chaps!
It's one way to get out of shaving your leg. It never grew hair again.

Hope your OK.

Jeepers, did you say you were kicked on interior metalwork? That is horrible. I hope you get to A&E and are rushed to the front of the queue. Keep us posted :eek:

Oh blimey Wally that sounds nasty, hope you get seen super quick and sorted today and really hope not too much damage has been done.

Healing vibes. Hope you are ok. Tor has more than made up for his slipped halo!

Reactions: Gimp
I waved Wally of to hospital this morning her son has driven her in. Her leg is very swollen :(

I'll live, nothing broken, all metal work intact, but they are worried about anterior compartment syndrome again, I had it when I broke it the first time and got it bolted back together. So I have to be sensible for a day or two. Very swollen and very sore and bruised, but it could have been worse.

Reactions: Jessey
Thank you for posting. We do worry you know! And are glad it is not worse. Please take care of yourself for a bit now.
And post how Tor is -

Thanks for the update Wally, glad it's not as bad as you feared but it certainly sounds nasty. Look after yourself and get better quick.

newrider.com