Mindless fence vandalism! Just WHY?!

LauraGeeGee

Oct 5, 2008
Collier Row, Essex
I took my dog for a lovely walk yesterday to the country park, opposite my house. We go over there every day, sometimes twice a day.

There are lots of bridleways as well as footpaths. We often come across horse riders as there are a few livery yards and a riding school around the area.

Living opposite the park is lovely, it's the main reason we chose our house. However, we have had anti social behaviour in the past. Mainly underage drinking, fireworks at 2am, fires being lit and the worst being dirt bikes! The council and local police have been really good at virtually eradicated they problems. The have replaced fencing to secure the park to prevent access with motorbikes and other vehicles.

Some of the bridle paths have old railway sleepers at the entrances to make steps that are ok for horses but not vehicles.

One of these bridleways is next to a large field belonging to a livery yard. The field is mainly grazed by the horses in the Winter. It's surrounded by barbed wire with another run of electrified wire fence inside it. I discovered on my walk yesterday that some idiots have managed to pick up one of the huge sleepers from where it was wedged in as a step and throw it onto the fencing, thus bringing it all down! :mad:

Luckily there were no horses in the field. If there were any in that field, they could well have escaped or been very injured on the barbed wire!

I just don't understand why someone would do that!:mad: The area isn't even near any roads. It must have been a group as there's no way that one person alone could have lifted a sleeper and thrown it that far!

What the hell were they thinking?

Just makes my blood boil!:mad::mad:

Youth of today makes my blood boil generally. Some of them are such a waste of space it's depressing. They have no get up and go or any inclination to try and better themselves. As long as they get their money for weed and booze plus get their vandalism kicks they are happy. What has happened to society, they just don't care! :mad:

Youth of today makes my blood boil generally. Some of them are such a waste of space it's depressing. They have no get up and go or any inclination to try and better themselves. As long as they get their money for weed and booze plus get their vandalism kicks they are happy. What has happened to society, they just don't care! :mad:

I don't think that's fair at all - OK, there are vandals and layabouts, and there always have been, but most young people are working hard to pass exams, or doing challenges to help charities, or just being generally good citizens.

I don't think that's fair at all - OK, there are vandals and layabouts, and there always have been, but most young people are working hard to pass exams, or doing challenges to help charities, or just being generally good citizens.

That is why i said SOME meaning not all.

Makes you so mad doesn't it? And even if they catch the perps they won't get much of a punishment. There is just no deterrant these days. I know there have always been rough kids and youths but they do seem to be getting worse since my day. I think we are lacking in social morals in general, no religion and nobody scared of the police anymore.

I'm only 25 and think they should bring back National Service!!! There is a young lad of 18/19 I think that lives in my OH's village that is a known drug dealer, has been in prison for it and what does he get? A fully furnished council flat in a lovely village, he has carried on dealing and "growing his own for medicinal purposes" :rolleyes: he's been arrested twice since being released from prison for dealing and still gets let off on bail!! :mad: it's ridiculous!!:mad: :mad:

I'm only 25 and think they should bring back National Service!!! There is a young lad of 18/19 I think that lives in my OH's village that is a known drug dealer, has been in prison for it and what does he get? A fully furnished council flat in a lovely village, he has carried on dealing and "growing his own for medicinal purposes" :rolleyes: he's been arrested twice since being released from prison for dealing and still gets let off on bail!! :mad: it's ridiculous!!:mad: :mad:

:eek: unbelievable,furnished flat,medicinal purposes :eek: oh my goodness ,what is the world coming too ?

Sadly, some of the youth today use boredom as an excuse. I hear it time after time. Some of my kids were involved in a vandalism incident (teaching, not my flesh and blood!) and their excuse? they were bored. They don't seem to connect any consequence with their actions. Some of that blame lies with parents who are too weak to stand up and discipline their kids. Some of the blame lies with schools as i've seen kids get away with horrendous incidents. I myself was verbally abused by a pupil who got let off scott free. No wonder they see how far they can push the boundaries if no-one is willing to punish them!

Oh that really does just make my blood boil!!! Some of the "youth of today" expect you to treat them with respect and like an adult, sorry but when you treat me with respect and act like an adult then I'll start treating you like one (gosh I sound like my mother :eek:).

I remember as a kid making my own entertainment without a Wii or playstation in sight, and we only had 3 TV channels (showing my age there). I really do worry about kids these days but equally I worry that you can't do anything about the "bad" kids for fear of your own life. Then again I do think that most kids are really good and don't act like hooligans it's just those who are bad are the ones that get our attention.

Sadly, some of the youth today use boredom as an excuse. I hear it time after time. Some of my kids were involved in a vandalism incident (teaching, not my flesh and blood!) and their excuse? they were bored. They don't seem to connect any consequence with their actions. Some of that blame lies with parents who are too weak to stand up and discipline their kids. Some of the blame lies with schools as i've seen kids get away with horrendous incidents. I myself was verbally abused by a pupil who got let off scott free. No wonder they see how far they can push the boundaries if no-one is willing to punish them!

I totally agree! The way the media sometimes talks about the out of control youth of today, hoodies, vandals and gangs etc - you could actually be forgiven for forgetting that these kids arent ferral - they will all have parents or guardians somewhere who are supposed to be looking after them!

For some reason our society seems to try and treat kids like little adults and give them the same rights - but they are children - they need to learn right from wrong from adults and the people ultimately responsible for that is their parents. I actually feel sorry for teachers these days.

While I accept that some teenagers can be very trying, surely if discipline & respect had been installed consistantly from an early age maybe these kids would at least have some sense of social responsibility and maybe even some aspirations for their own lives?

I really wish the government would start blaming and punishing the rubbish parents and make them take responsibily of their offspring insteading of continuing to let the rest of us suffer.

Rant over :)

Grrrr what twats! :mad:

It makes me so angry!!

We also have a lovley big valley/nature reservation thing by our house, they have built lovley gravel paths all around it and a wooden bridge which allows you to go to another part of the valley.

Some yobs keep burning the wooden bridge down. They have re-built it around 5 times and everytime within a few days its burnt down again :mad:

Ooooh and saturday night @ 1 am i was woken up to some drunken teenagers literally screaming & shouting there heads off. Swearing like no tomorrow.

Bearing in mind our estate is very quite and usually we have no trouble there.

I watched them out the window for a bit to see that one of them was actually driving :eek:

I was about to storm out in my jimjams and have a right go. Little bloody thugs. But OH stopped me as he doesnt want the house/cars smashed in.

Sounds quite viscious but i really would of loved to of thrown a brick at there heads :p

Just wanted to add it's not just kids who cause issues. I teach a wee chap who's always got his hood up and a grimace on his face. He's the nicest wee kid you could hope to meet :) anyhoo, i live opposite a bunch of students and they are the biggest pain in the butt, far worse than the drunken teeny tipplers we occasionally have staggering past.

I just don't understand why we have this random vandalism.

Phone boxes, remember those?

I was watching a film the other day and it reminded me, there actually used to be telephone books in the phone box. Can you imagine that these days?

Now you cant have phone boxes or glass bus stops as within days, all the glass is smashed! :mad::mad:

They put up temporary traffic lights, road signs and barriers whilst they were replacing gas mains around the corner to me during the last couple of weeks. I drive to work very early one morning and have to dodge signs, barriers and knocked over traffic lights! Someone had a skip near the road and all the bricks had been thrown about! This was on a Tuesday morning, so it wasn't even "high spirits" after a Saturday night on the town.

Just don't get it!

Grrrrrrr!!!:mad:

I don't know why people do these things. In my village some youths keep uprouting one of the bins and throwing it in the pond. I have no idea why they want to do that. It seems utterly pointless to me. It is really heavy and must take at least 3 of them to move it.

It not only young people. I have just been given a bit of extra land at my
little Yard. My Field and this extra bit runs alongside a HUGE field, which has
a public footpath running from one end to the other. On the other side of
my field is the WOODS:rolleyes:

People walk across this extra bit of land to get to the Woods, even though
it states on the fence that there is NO RIGHT OF WAY and the land is Privately
Owned.

Now tbh, I and my Landlady, have sort of turned a blind-eye appreciating that
it is quite a walk to get into the Woods and this cuts peoples time. I don't use this extra bit unless I am there as there is too much grass anyway for my two, so I tend to put them in there for an hour when at the Yard.

However, there is one Woman, in particular, who INSISTS on removing the
POSTS and laying the fencing on the ground:eek: I have put it back up
about 3 times to find it down again next day. My Landlady saw the Woman
and informed her she had no 'right' of way and was told to 'F*** Off' and
she would CUT the fencing if necessary:eek:

TBH I am Oh Soooo Glad I wasn't there, cos quite honestly that would have
made me see 'RED', who the Hell does she think she is??? NOBODY ELSE
removes the fencing, she could climb over, but in all honesty she DOESN'T have the right to be there anyway..........honestly, some people:mad::mad::mad:

I too feel very sorry for teachers these days. In my school days we weren't angels by any stretch of the imagination, but we had respect where it was due and we didn't push the boundaries like they do today. I wasn't exactly a model pupil and I can remember some of the cheek and stuff I used to do (which makes me blush now!!!) but I can't have been that bad compared to today's kids.
I know that makes me sound old............

Fairlady, that its soooo annoying, I would have been fuming if I'd seen that woman doing that! Specially as she had no right of way there!!!!! I would be tempted to rig some temporary electric fencing up, give the cheeky wench a zap...........!

newrider.com