Missing horses - Cheshire

liz_scarlet

Jun 6, 2011
Roslin
Just asked by lovely woman on my yard to share this on FB, thought I'd put it here too in case anyone is from the area

PLEASE EVERYONE keep your eyes open for 5 horses belonging to Corrine Collins stolen from a field in Betley Cheshire. 2chestnut colts 2 chestnut fillies & a bay roan filly. All are passported & microchipped. Your help is appreciated in finding the horses. Lets see if we can get them back safe facebookers !!!! - Please share on :)

Just saw this on fb by someone completely unrelated to this forum so hopefully it's getting out and about.
However, their post (copied from the horsewatch site I believe) says that although it was reported 20th, the date they actually went missing is unknown but it has been about a week???! How odd!

A week, that is strange unless they aren't checked on often and left to their own devices with the mares, I hope its not a hoax....but if on horse watch surely not.

No I dont think it's a hoax it has a crime number type thing and everything, just find it odd that you'd leave it a week before reporting it and it says date unknown... But like you say it could very easily be that they're not checked on regularly.

It says "Staffordshire horsewatch *urgent message* 5 horses stolen. 5 yearlings stolen from highly lane betley boarding Cheshire. 2 chestnut colts, 2 chestnut fillies, 1 bay filly. Uncertain when they were stolen, reported 20th August, not seen for 1 week prior to report. Awaiting pictures and full details. Any info please phone 03001 234455, incident number 350/20-08-11. Many thanks"

From re-reading that it does sound like they just werent checked in 1 weeks so could have been taken at any time during that period.

I guess with people loosing their jobs, some of them are getting desperate for money, even if it means stooping really low.. There seems to be more disappearing every day..

thanks TA - I've added the additional info to FBand sent it to the woman who asked me to put it up from my yard as she had wondered why no contact details.

newrider.com