Molly has had stitches :(

acw295

May 21, 2006
twitter.com
Have only had her 3 weeks and today, 10 mins after being turned out, she managed to tear her lower eyelid. Got vet out ASAP and she has 3 teeny stitiches in it, antibiotics and bute for a week. Poor pony had to be very heavily sedated for vet to do it.

Have been all over the field to try and find out what she did it on and can't find a thing - YO's are also concerned to discover the cause :confused:

On the plus side vet was lovely and says that as I found it so quickly it should heal very quickly and the stitches will disolve so should be no harm done.

She can go out in a day or two and be ridden from then too - she'll be delighted to be getting fed twice a day for bute and antibiotics anyway :rolleyes:

Been an expensive week as we had microchip, farrier, new saddle (£800) and now emergency vet call out on a Sunday :eek:

Oh well, I did know owning was going to be expensive!!

Oh no! I hope she's feeling better soon! Poor Molly! I hope you find what it is in the field. Big pats and hugs heading her way!

Aww poor Molly-May. Doesnt sound nice at all but at least she's got a lovely owner to have been so caring and call the vet out for ASAP (only 3 days after they were out last as well, she will be well known :D )

Get well soon Molly, and best wishes ACW's Bank balance :p All for a good cause / hobby

OMG this has been an expensive week for you but she's worth it :D

Full marks to your YO for their concern and many wouldn't be :(

You would think with Jess' track record she would have been the one to do something like that, but she wasnt even in the field!!!

Wandered round again earlier poo picking (but i think acw has been at it as couldnt even fill a barrow!!) but only thing i can think of is she has scratched it on the electric fence posts, they do look quite sharp!

She is very talkative though gave her some treats earlier as she saw me stuffing my pockets on my way to jess :) Very cute girly!

She is back to her usual self today that is for sure! Very chatty - and utterly annoyed at being in. Lunged her today, well actually she lunged me I think :eek:. I hadn't done it before and she basically did whatever she felt like and I grappled with the lunge line and whip :rolleyes: until I got the giggles and gave up. She had a good canter and buck on both reins though :D

Grazed in hand tonight for 45 mins - she kept trying to take me to her field but was no bother really. Going to put her out late tomorrow afternoon/early eve with fly mask to cover eye to stop her rubbing stitches (if her eye still looks ok) and will ride from Weds.

Had to put mollases in her feed to get her to eat the antibiotic granules as she was was able to eat everything bar that!

She's learnt the sound of the tack/feed room locks and neighs her head off if anyone goes goes in - she's so clever :)

At least I'm off work all week so can spend lots of time with her so she's not as bored.

Oh ACW I love the lunging story!! Put a big smile on my face!

Poor Molly but how lucky is she to have such a fab owner? Bet she's loving the food (maybe not the bute) too! :D

She is back to her usual self today that is for sure! Very chatty - and utterly annoyed at being in. Lunged her today, well actually she lunged me I think :eek:. I hadn't done it before and she basically did whatever she felt like and I grappled with the lunge line and whip :rolleyes: until I got the giggles and gave up. She had a good canter and buck on both reins though :D.

I did warn you that her lunging waa less than good :p Its not for the want of trying, ive tried to calm her down whilst lunging for 7 years, no effect AT ALL.

I will give you a couple of tips to a calmer lunging session with Molly though ...
1. Put down the lunge whip - she's scared stiff of them
2. Pop her in a chambon / pessoa, then she lunges like an angel
3. Thank your lucky stars that she doesnt buck / rear / bolt like that when being riddenr :D

Glad she's ok and you still sound really happy with her - Molly sounds just like she always has done and i am so glad she's obviously happy and so are you xxx

newrider.com