Molly my 4 year old :)

gypsy*syrah

Jan 10, 2008
Cheshire
I'm posting and running as I've got to shoot out for a bit.

This is Molly. She's 4 years old and I've recently brought her back into work after a winter with minimal work (last Thursday to be exact). We are doing a combination of lunge work and ridden, this is her second ridden schooling.

The bunny hops are hilarious, her way of throwing a "I'm not working" paddy but she gives up pretty quickly and gets down to it.

The short burst where she is in a lovely outline and pace is all of her own doing, she's being given loose but supportive reins.

Sorry to post and run, back in a bit - oh yes, she's 16.2 (just measured) and an IDxTB so very clumsy at the moment.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

She looks beautiful :)

Loved the bunny hops also, she's testing her new mum obviously!;)
What happens when you just push her through them?

Also would try and keep her head still and stop it swinging, might help her to round onto the bit again :)

Good luck with her - you make a lovely pair.

What a nice mare - have you posted pics if her before? She has lovely free action in front.

Ohhh very nice!!

I agree she has lovely movement in front ahh bless :)

She looks beautiful :)

Loved the bunny hops also, she's testing her new mum obviously!;)
What happens when you just push her through them?

Also would try and keep her head still and stop it swinging, might help her to round onto the bit again :)

Good luck with her - you make a lovely pair.

She is testing indeed :D

If you try to push her through them, she goes into full rodeo, twisting body, whereas if you sit there, keep leg on but not pushing forward she gives up.

Her head does need work. Once she's got the idea totally about shape, not sticking her nose into the sky to keep balanced, we'll work on that.

And thank you aswell

What a nice mare - have you posted pics if her before? She has lovely free action in front.

I think I have, on some ID threads and possibly this one (never miss a chance to put a piccy on, lol)

This was the day after I moved her at 2pm in the afternoon - one chilled girly :D

ChilledMolly.jpg

I LOVE that rug !!! wheres it from!:D ( must not buy must not buy)

She's stunning, she'll be wonderful when she's all grown up and working consistently in an outline!

Lovely colour too :)

Thank you everyone.

She is rather fab, although I'm biased :rolleyes:

She had another session today ridden by a friend. She was an absolute star towards the end.

The beginning was not so great, she was being so lazy and we didn't use a schooling whip because of the paddy yesterday.

So we got a schooling whip :cool:

Even just knowing there was one there without it going anywhere near her gave her some go faster juice.

She worked almost consistently in an outline and she did some beautiful leg yielding.

I've got a video on my new camcorder (it's my birthday pressie and OH though that was a better pressie than the handbag I'd picked out - hmmm) So I've got to suss that out.

Thanks again, it certainly helps getting other peoples perspective and advice.

newrider.com