Molly, the best dog

having lost my final springer only weeks ago I know the feeling so well.

I have refused to cry much and have just spent my time remembering the joy he gave me in his long 14 years.

Absolutely right, I have nothing to be sad about: she lived a good long life for an active dog, and she lived it to the full with all the enthusiasm of a silky armoured car. She wasn't armoured, alas! But she always believed she was.

On her last day she had a walk with me and a walk with Steve and wagged the whole time. She was happy all her life, and I should be happy for her.

I just miss her, though.

What a lovely dog she looks in the photo. So sorry Jane, these things never get any easier, but you are obviously such a kind owner.

What a lovely dog she looks in the photo. So sorry Jane, these things never get any easier, but you are obviously such a kind owner.

That poem is so beautiful and heart breaking. She was a wonderful dog.

I'm so sorry to read this Jane. I'm in the same position having lost our little collie bitch a fortnight or so ago. Like you we have come to terms with her ending, and wouldn't have done anything different if we could turn the clock back. She had a number of issues and lived a good long life considering that. I doubt she will be much missed by anyone other than us, as she was a quirky and sensitive soul who rarely let others gain her trust.

But we do miss her, and she is still all around us. Her last gift was to go at the right time, just before we are about to move 300+ miles to a town home she wouldn't have relished. It's almost as if she knew.

Molly looked and sounded a most wonderful companion. Run free, Molly - go and play with Ellie.Ellie 2012.jpg

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
newrider.com