More Crimbo concoctions...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I excelled myself on Sunday morning by waking even earlier than my usual 5am..... 4am this time! So I made use of the quiet time and set to work in the kitchen!

Finally attempted keto mince pies, which are actually made with a frozen berry medley (lowest carb fruits). I even rolled out the 'pastry' which is no mean feat when it is gluten free!!! BUT they taste brilliant - the added spices definitely give them the tang of mince pies.

I had leftover filling which is now "jam". Also made a batch of lemon curd, some keto rolls and had a hilarious failure with my first Baileys attempt. A mis-hear meant that I added way too much thickener which caused it to set like a dense mousse in the bottle! Attempt two to follow!!

20191208_094259-800x450.jpg

They look lovely @domane
You certainly are creative in the kitchen, now I’ve got the taste for my Mums mince pies which were most definitely not ketogenic.
I’m guessing marzipan would work if you substitute the sugar for some kind of sweetener?

Yes, you can make keto marzipan with very finely ground almonds and a sweetener called erythritol, which is a sugar alcohol - in that it tastes sweet but the body doesn't have any insulin reaction... it passes through the body without issue. The "confectioners" version is best because its fine, like icing sugar. The normal stuff is granulated which would make a gritty marzipan.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Funnily enough I attempted custard with almond milk.
Let's just say a playdoh rubbery like thing slid out!

I can deal with nut butter, but my skills beyond are milk comes from something that walks.

I drunk the Baileys. ;)

Funnily enough I attempted custard with almond milk.
Let's just say a playdoh rubbery like thing slid out!

I can deal with nut butter, but my skills beyond are milk comes from something that walks.

I drunk the Baileys. ;)

That's reminded me, I've got a three quarter full bottle of Baileys tucked away lol best get that out, it might go off lol

newrider.com