More gorgeous-boy Twist pictures!!

Jojo_82

Jus' horsing around!
Sep 29, 2004
Brimpsfield, Gloucestershire
Hello again (blimey you guys must be sick of me... dissappeared for nearly 2 yrs, now you can't get rid of me!! :rolleyes: )

Well, i ended up having another jumping lesson with John Bowman again the other day. Fills wasn't ready at the time (don't want to rush her), but i schooled her today and stuck a jump up to do and she was wonderful!! I was more ready for her ma-hoooosive jump this time (i haven't jumped her since the last pics i put up) and tried to aim for a more forward, lengthy canter (rather than her pretty, warmblood, onthespot, dressage canter, that she then explodes over the jump out of! :eek: ) and she was superb! She was so relaxed and even though she's got a lot of bone and power, she's so light on her feet and absolutely effortless! I love my new ned, it has to be said!! :D

Anyhoo... back to the topic at hand! Twist! I'm lucky enough to work on a yard where the YO has John Bowman, the international showjumper, come over and teach them. I went hunting with him the other week and he's lovely, so down to earth! So i joined in another lesson on fri, and here are the picture! Ta daa!! :D

Just sittin' around!
DSC01185.jpg

Some grid work:
DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

(I'm appalled at myself at the mo... it's prob been about 3 yrs since i had regular lessons, and in that time, i've totally lost the basics like keeping the weight into my heels!! That's why i'm leaning forward in the 1st pic above, approaching, as John was making me take a light seat, encouraging the weight down into my heels. The landing shot is my flopping onto his neck...what a numpty!! :eek: )

Approach:
DSC01208.jpg

Working over an upright plank:
DSC01195.jpg

Last edited:
great pics, reminds me of my lessons with my trainer - must go back for more lol

That is a very dinky polypad Twist has got! lovely pics but your grooming efforts in that first pic are appalling :p

Haha! I know, he looks like the ultimate grubster, but he had actually been tacked up and got ready before i got there (i was told to get my butt over there to join in about 10mins before the lesson! :)), but he still looks bootiful! :D

Thanks all! It was great fun! :D

John is coming on thurs again, so i am going to join in on Fills!! :D Very excited... but also, could be interesting if we do grids... we might just take the whole thing in one go! :eek: I will make sure i have a photographer on hand!! :D

I was given this picture today of my lesson before last with John when i rode Buzz (again... please excuse the excitable jumping position; I'm working on it!! :eek: )

DSC01215.jpg

Oi woman!! **looks for a big picture of a ZIP** :mad: ;)

Stop ripping holes in me... i know my faults!! :rolleyes: And anyway... there was a very interesting bird flew past the door that i was checking out as i jumped; you should of seen it!! :D :D

(makes mental note to wear neckbrace next time she jumps to keep head straight!! :eek: )

LOL and there was me thinking you were saying 'look how good at jumping i am.. i don't even need to look where i'm going.. so neh!!'

He's a very sexy boy, reminds me of mine a lot, especially over those fences.

Excuse position we took this one at speed!

WarmupfenceNR.jpg

What do u reckon? I think they look a *little bit* similar!

One of him with his winter coat with LittleLauz on board
claywithlauzNR.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... I don't know, but i reckon that looks like a bit of mud behind his ear there... and was there something particularly interesting straight infront of that jump there??? You do realise you should be looking to the side!? Pah! Amateurs!! :rolleyes: :D :D

Lol! Nah, you look fab hun! I love your horsey, and you both have a great position over the fence (hangs head in shame! :(). What's his name/details etc, etc... i've been jibbering on about my ned, and don't know nuffink about your wee beastie!! :)

Well.. if you're offering to let me hi-jack your thread :D

I had a bad fall about 12 months ago now, off a Tb that was a nutcase. Totally lost my nerve and Clay (horse in pics) totally restored my confidence. He's a darling in every way! He's a 16.3 IDxTb. More ID in nature and Tb in body! 14 yrs (the kind that's been there and done it.. so ideal for the situation i was in!)

He loves jumping, more than anything else in the world! Perhaps not as much as swedes though.. I started uni in October so had to put him out on loan. He's on loan to KAB and LittleLauz who are also Nr-ers which is fabulous :) I miss him every day! I am on the uni riding team and had a lesson the other day on a horse that was a cross between a blackpool donkey and a moose. What i would give to have my well schooled horse back!

I am DEFINATELY taking up your offer (the one you've probably forgotten about) to come down and see your Fills as she really looks fabulous! Although i'm not expecting the grooming to be up to scratch :p

Oh! I think i remember replying to a thread of yours about uni riding! You got on the team then! Any competitions yet? I was captain of my team for 4 yrs, it was fab! :D

Clay sounds ace, but yeah, i bet missing him so much is tough :(. Good to know he's been well looked after though. :) You're more than welcome to come on over and see Fills whenever you like, and hey! She's the ultimate daz-challenge i'll have you know!! Whiter-than-white is she!! :D

We have the 'Roses' comp coming up in the new year (between york uni and lancaster). I am only on the B team don't get too excited on my behalf.. they didn't let ANY first years onto the A team. The other members on my team are total muppets IMO so i'm not holding out much hope! One of them has the most insecure lower leg position i've ever seen, and another girl cries everytime a horse bucks with her. You know when you just want to bang your head against a brick wall?! I took a gap year though so am finding my fellow first years a bit on the immature side.. i'm missing adult conversation! Hence why i'm on NR so much!

I bet you have Fills wrapped up in bandages and rugs and hoods.. the works.. to stop her getting brown! My first pony was a grey (but more white) i used to pray for rain.. give her a bit of a wash down! Seriously though we need more pics of the lovely lady. I know she's good at jumping.. what's her flatwork like?

Great pics can't wait to see more of you and Fill's in action- lol, are those red chaps he's wearing??!

I bet you have Fills wrapped up in bandages and rugs and hoods.. the works.. to stop her getting brown! My first pony was a grey (but more white) i used to pray for rain.. give her a bit of a wash down! Seriously though we need more pics of the lovely lady. I know she's good at jumping.. what's her flatwork like?

Haha! Naa, i'm not that bad, i like her to get abit mucky, she loves it... not like i'm off to any competitions yet! Her flatwork is lovely too, she's got it all! :D Will get some more pics thurs.

JOJOBA; thanks hun! Ha, no John had red bandages wrapped around his legs... they're actually really comfy and warm to ride it... and they look divine dahling!! :p

newrider.com