More hacking with Mocha photos!

Rips

May 23, 2004
Eire
I seem to be always posting pictures of us out hacking... but its mostly all we do in winter! These are courtesy of my dad, taken with a regular camera, scanned and cropped. He really should take pictures more often, I think these are my favourite pictures of Mocha and I.

Pawing
mochawaterbaby2.jpg

Ripples (one of my favourites, click to enlarge)

The fullsize picture...

Mocha's favourite thing in the world is splashing in water, first one hoof pawing, then both. Then she puts her head down, opens her mouth and shakes it up and down, drowning the both of us. These were taken about 2 weeks ago, but the water in the callow fields is now drained back into the river. For those of you who are wondering, all the water you can see is miles of completely flat callow fields. It doesn't get much deeper so we can go right down as long as we stay away from the fence boundaries.
Mocha thinks swamp muck is very tasty too!

ripplescutbnwsmaller.jpg

Water Piaffe! This is always scary, she stands under herself and paws with both feet, I'm always afraid she'd roll or something!

splash.jpg

bliss.jpg

mochawaterbaby4edit.jpg

Sorry if some are the same, they were hard to upload as they all seemed the same as thumbnails!

A wet and hairy mess... still love her:) :)
Mochahug.jpg

Mochahugcrop.jpg

(You might have wondered from the silhouette pics what was going on with her bridle, just had her headcollar on underneath it!

There are some really great pictures on the site this week, its so weird seeing all the different seasons in the pictures, snow .v. green grass and then the Irish wetness!!And the horses loving it all of course:p

Could anyone make the 5th one down into an avator? Just I'm on my dad's computer because my laptop is broken and I can't do it anymore... they never used to go blurry but they do now!

Greeneyes its not hard to make Carrick'OBrien look nice, they call the townland Golden Island, its the only place to watch the sunset from.
This is last winter/spring taken from my garden... 2nd one is the view from Mocha's stables...

They are great pictures, somewhat altering my perception of the midlands:D .
I've always lived near mountains. I'm going to hack Duchess out now up the mountain here, I'll see if I can get some nice ones too, although the weather isnt great.
Love the photos anyway, you should frame some of them.

Thanks Fits, Oh the weather is brutal here, I trailered Mocha down to the field instead of walking in the rain and its only like 10mins down the road!
Hope you do get some pictures for us!!

Thanks a mil Raingodz, the rest of you can take this as official notice that I'm changing my avator! Thanks Cool Rider.

newrider.com