more pics of me and daphi

Crikey Vieshot, you'll be chucking the poor guy in the village pond to see if he floats next! :rolleyes:

Give the witch hunt a rest yeah?

JR, I think you and Daphi look great together! Good on ya! :)

Crikey Vieshot, you'll be chucking the poor guy in the village pond to see if he floats next! :rolleyes:

Give the witch hunt a rest yeah?

JR, I think you and Daphi look great together! Good on ya! :)

Easy peasy, take a deep breath. I dont care what he said on horse and hound, nor do I have an issue with him, he certianly never offended me with what he said on that, im so laid back im horizontal. I just LOVE horse and hound and dont need to hear that is makes him throw up is all, other than that is all cheesy smileys and rainbow kittens

Right, that's eough, I don't give a monkey's what went on on HHO. What I did see was a lot orf rabble rousing going on on that site and links to NR being given encouraging folk from that site to come over here and bully Jordan Ross, for whatever reason.

Bullying on NR will not be tollerated, neither will rabble rousing and folk deliberatly putting up links inviting folk over to make trouble.

JordanRoss, my dear, I don't give two hoots over your footwear, but please, when you are up top, keep your hat on. It only takes a split second for poo to happen and if you fall you could do yourself a damage.

You have a very sweet mare by the looks of her.

Thanks wally! :) and thanks blue for reminding me about this thread LOL....

i know ive said this before but i wanna say it one last time and then it will be DEAD as far as im concerned.

I went onto that HORRID site when i first got daphi. I needed some help and advice. i did get some... dont get me wrong. but i soon found i was being ganged on by a bunch of nasty girls who seemed to enjoy poking fun out of the fact i was a novice with a tb. and basically called me not fit to burn. they didnt like it when my sewer mouth took over and i soon put them in there places :) and for which........im not sorry... those rotten b**ches had it comin.....

this site.......... is just brilliant! Ive been encouraged and supported and given so much advice. i really cant thank you all enough!

if i hadnt got banned from the OTHER site... i probably would of given up and sold daphi by now. but i feel ive come along way with her and i owe alot of that to just you guys supporting me... and telling me... its okay to make some mistakes... we all do. but we are fine now. i love daphi so much! and she loves me :) thanks everyone xxx

JordanRoss, my dear, I don't give two hoots over your footwear, but please, when you are up top, keep your hat on. It only takes a split second for poo to happen and if you fall you could do yourself a damage.

You have a very sweet mare by the looks of her.

I was about to comment but you beat me to it!

What she said about the hat and the sweet mare, she's got soft kind eyes. You really did find a jewel in that mare.

Daphi is lovely, you clearly adore her too and try so hard for her. She must be delighted to have you as her dad and the trust with the laying down bit is something huge you have achieved too.

Good for you JR :) Don't let anyone spoil the fun you have with her for even a minute. Life is too short, grab every second with her and enjoy it.

Very inspiring jump thread by the way, after that got my 8 year old to give me a jump lesson over some weeny cross poles lol :) Only been riding a few years but decided it sounded a good idea too and time to have a go too. We survived. :D

From what i can see, Daphi is one lovely looking horse & looks very content too. She's lucky to have a caring owner like you.
I think you're doing a damn good job as a newish horse owner & applaud the fact that you still ask for advice even if people have been negative before.
Here's to lots of lovely times for you & Daphi
x

You must be the most popular horse and rider on NR. You're threads get sooo many replies!

Daphi is a cutie, you must be proud :):)

JR here's a few pics of my old share horse who was also a TB mare...

When I first knew her it was winter and she had been out of work, and she was a scrawny thing with an upside-down neck and no muscle to speak of -
moreweight.jpg

After a few months of hacking, she was looking better but still had a bit of rounding up to do (note the shape of her hindquarters!) -
hannahriding.jpg

By the spring she was looking much better and had put on some good condition -
shinygrazing.jpg

There was no "secret" to improving Kizzy's condition. She didn't go on a special diet with expensive supplements. She didn't get lunged in draw reins or do any work in an arena. What she did do was gain condition by eating a lot of hay throughout the winter and doing a lot of hacking, including long trots up gentle hills - that is it. No secret involved!
TBs do tend to be on the lean side and in my experience they also change condition a lot throughout the seasons, maybe even more so than other breeds. I don't think Daphi looks that bad, nothing that can't be improved with regular work and plenty of food.

From the way you get treated by some people on here, you'd think we were only fit to be horse owners if we had lots of experience and never made mistakes or had difficulties. The truth is that horse owners are NOT superheroes, for most of them having their horse is a continuous learning curve that never really stops curving. In the "old days" it was common for people with little or no horsy experience to buy their own horse or pony and just "muddle along", making their mistakes and learning as they went. Apparently these days that's unacceptable :rolleyes:

Keep on keeping on, as they say, you're doing great :)

newrider.com