Mountain Horse High Rider II too chuncky...

casper99uk

May 20, 2005
live in Devon
Hi,

At my lesson in a new school yesterday the R.I. wouldn't let me ride in the high rider II's because she said they are too 'chunky', could catch in the stirrups and their insurance wouldn't be valid because of this.

Has anyone else experienced this?? I've only had them a couple of months and don't particularly want to purchase different ones but I suppose I will have too - any recommendations on less 'chunky' ones?

Thanks.

Sounds like a dodgy excuse given by your RI tbh. I can't see mountain horse designing riding boots that were unsafe to use.
I would have thought that a riding boot had most chance of getting caught in the stirrup if the stirrup is too small for the boots.
What about buying yourself some stirrups and putting them on the saddle before you ride ?

I have those boots and have never had a problem (or had anyone tell me they are a problem). :unsure:

Any boot that is too wide for your stirrup (or a stirrup that is too narrow for your boot) will be dangerous.
Are they using child sized stirrups or something?

I love my Mountain Horse High Rider II Boots :inlove:

Yes, these boots are chunky - that's why they are so comfortable!

I agree with the others - it's only a problem when the stirrup is not the right size to accommodate them. Are you riding a pony or small horse, perhaps used by younger folk some of the time?

I've known a few people who have bought their own stirrups and leathers to get round exactly this type of problem (though I think your RI should have made sure the tack was suitable for you in the first place).

newrider.com