Mountain Horse Rimfrost boots

I love mine too . . . definitely keep my feeties warm, but I've found that they DO take some breaking in.

Also, I love the treads (they really DO help keep my feet positioned correctly in the stirrup), love the steel shank (for support) and REALLY love the steel toe caps (no more squished toes!).

N

i would add, don't ride in them! i found they scratched my leather saddle :( great for the yard though :)

i do!! i have the long boot ones.

Have had them for about 4 years.

The current pair i bought second hand off ebay, have lasted 2 years easy enough!

The first pair (bought brand new) lasted two years then the zip broke on one. To be honest though i think this was more because i had purchased a size too small.

The current pair is in a wide calf fitting and a size bigger!

They keep my toes warmish...i have seriously cold feet, i wear these all year round, in the winter though i wear extra thick skiing socks to keep my toes extra warm (hence getting the wider calf fitting!)

thumbs up from me!

edited to add - not sure if we are all on about the same boots lol! im on about the long riding boots not the ankle boots...

Very comfy, very warm, but Ive had 3 pairs and all three pairs leaked. Inner foot where boot and sole meet. Im looking for different type now.

I found the ankle of the boots 'disappeared' under the main calf (shaft) part (folded in on itself), then cracked:frown: very disappointed as only got 6 months out of them, and thought the sinking of the shaft was very unattractive..

I have had mine now for two years (Rimfrost rider long boots), this will be their third winter and I love them. Yes, they were a bit to break in but they are now moulded to my shape. Waterproof and cosy, I have never had cold feet while wearing them, even last Winter in temps of -20C.

One thing I will add, do not try to walk across sheer ice on them with a hangover on New Years day, I couldn't get up again :giggle:

I hated them. I stupidly bought a second pair (why???!) after the first let me down. Found them uncomfy (but at the time couldn't find anything better fit wise) and more to the point the zips were rubbish! Broke both times - also I found them hideous to ride in - couldn't feel the sides of the horse properly. Sorry to sound so negative, but I really wouldn't pay out that kind of money again for plastic boots! (On the positive, they did have a good grip underneath).

I'm another who loves them, I have been wearing mine all year round for all yard jobs and riding and apart from a few weeks last winter my feet have never been warmer, but I do have really cold hands and feet anyway.
The only problem i've had is over the last few weeks they have started to split across the crease of you foot on the top :cry: so am now looking for another pair.

I love mine! Wait for it - I bought them from HOYS in October 2002 :tongue:

They keep my usually cold feet warm in all weathers, are comfy to ride in (I only ride in them - have wellies for yard work) and, apart from looking a bit scruffy now, are still in very usable condition.

I actually look forward to winter, so I can wear them again :wub:

Ali xx

newrider.com