Mountain Horse SC3 stirrups / boots

nelle

May 27, 2005
South East
These are top of my Christmas wish list, has anyone got them and are they worth the money?

Last edited:
I can recommend them :)
I bought some for my OH as he used to have difficulty with his foot and heel position. He finds them absolutely brilliant. And then I bought a pair of the boots for myself and use the stirrups too. They are really very comfy and secure. They definately helped him with his heel down position and I like the safety stirrup design.
Also, I use my SCS3 boots with other non-SCS stirrups and they are absolutely fine (something I did wonder about), and the reverse situation is that I used to use the SCS3 stirrups with ordinary riding boots, and again they were very comfy (so no need to chop and change stirrups about if someone is going to ride in ordinary boots- which I wondered).

So a definate all round recommendation from me and worth every penny. I really notice the diference if I ride in ordinary boots and stirrups now - not nearly so comfortable and more strain on the ankle joints :eek:

By the way, I ended up finally taking the plunge and buying them after reading Berties glowing recommendations on here after she bought some (if you do a search you will probably find the threads).

Hope Santa brings you some for Christmas :D

Horsey babe - glad my review was of use and you agree with it - nothing worse than reccomending something which is expensive and then the person hating them - so here's another glowing review ;)

I have the shorts boots and matching stirrups - absolutely love them to bits and rate them really highly :D Can't say enough about them and I'm currently riding in the stirrups with muck boots as they are easily wide enough to accomodate thewidth of muck boot so no fear of foot jamming in them. The grips on the muck boots also work well with SCS3 strirrup treads and hold you foot securely in place :) They are really heavy and feel very secure and they are safety stirrups as well!! :D What more can you ask for - I love them love them love them!!!!

My OH has had them since the summer - before his horse had to give up jumping!!! He's used them (not a lot) but he loved them, tho he did say at first they took a bit of getting used to. He has the short boots and gaiters - the long boots were a tad too girly for him (quite a slim fit I believe). I have the stirrups (not the boots) and I like them, they're great cos they're a safety stirrup too.

newrider.com