Mounted piccies of me & TC......

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
....had a couple of piccies taken this morning of me riding TC - first time I have seen what I look like on him - blimey, where is that Slimfast?!! Mind you I do have a body protector on which hardly flatters the figure!!

I don't think he looks that big at all in these:

TCmemounted-smallYES.jpg

TCmemounted2.jpg

Please excuse my "sticky-out" toes - always a problem of mine, but helps with my painful ankles!!

Last edited:
you look great together:) i didnt know you had a dr cook, what do you think of it? im tempted to try out big lad in it again, but he pulls like a tank in it:rolleyes:

I'm really, really pleased with the Dr Cook so far - I seem to have just as much "control" as with a bit, if not better as I find the steering excellent!!

You two look great together. TC looks so friendly and steady.

TC is a big boy... What size is his girth?? He looks fantastic. I'm amazed you can even get your legs around him nicely, I wouldn't worry about your toes sticking out!

TC stands for "The Colonel" - which I love and think really suits him!!

He's 17.1HH, a Suffolk Punch X and takes a 62" girth!!

ETA: Well remembered CoolRider - I'm impressed!!

Ow... I thought it was The Captain! That must be somebody else on this board then...

OMG, he's HUGE! :eek: How can you say he doesn't look big?! ;) He's abuot as wide as he is long! Now that's a horse that would look impressive fit and well muscled!

And now wonder you're toes are sticking out - don't think I could get my legs round that barrel either!

He's the type of horse I'm looking for at the mo, but can't find anywhere for love nor money! *sigh* Either all pathetic skinnny TB's or only 14.2. :rolleyes:

Pink's lady said:
OMG, he's HUGE! :eek: How can you say he doesn't look big?! ;) He's abuot as wide as he is long!
LOL - I must be getting used to him as I honestly don't think he looks that big in these piccies!! :rolleyes:

Pink's lady said:
Now that's a horse that would look impressive fit and well muscled!

I'm hoping that now we have a saddle sorted (at last) and are making progress on TC's mounting "issues" we are going to hack out 3-4+ times per week and he'll drop some weight and muscle up.

Pink's lady said:
And now wonder you're toes are sticking out - don't think I could get my legs round that barrel either!
That's made me feel better!! Even (non-horsey) DH said "What *are* your feet doing??!!"!!

Pink's lady said:
He's the type of horse I'm looking for at the mo, but can't find anywhere for love nor money! *sigh* Either all pathetic skinnny TB's or only 14.2. :rolleyes:

Awww, don't lose heart - there's one out there for you somewhere!! :)

Awwww lovely pictures! Bet you have agreat partnership. Have many many *many* happy years with him!:)
So big and cute and cuddly and...;)

Blimey he's mahoosive! But he's absolutely gorgeous too and you look great together, have you had him long? Anyway with a name like that he had to be gorgeous - give you 3 guesses what my boy is called?!!

You look great together - he IS big, but really well-proportioned, and you look so happy! The Colonel really suits him. Excuse my ignorance here but what is a Dr Cook? :confused:

A Dr Cook is a bitless bridle. I think the reins cross under the chin, and then go up over the poll on the other side. I might be wrong about that though.

newrider.com