Moving house, lock stock and barrel?

rusk

J.H.M.
Has anyone ever done this for their horses?? I did and sometimes wonder what on earth I was thinking of!! I had a house paid for and was comfortably off and then took on a new HUGE mortgage and will be paying it off when I am retired. I wonder if I was temporarily insane at the time. I hope I am still able to cope in my dotage!!:D :D :eek:

Yup, we moved two years ago to a place where we could keep horses at home. I don't regret it at all. It's hard work and I've never had more than one before. We now have three and a foal! The responsibility is daunting but it's amazing to be able to walk out of your own back door and see your own horses grazing happily in your own fields. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Edited to add, judging by what you're doing, you probably are in your dotage. I'm sure that's what made me do it. :D

Yes,
We bought a house with ground and space for stables so now I have almost everything except the farmer next door is so mean I can't even ride on the farm road never mind the fields!!:( :mad:
Still, it is nice to be able to go in and say hello to my boys on a cold winter's night and see them all cosy and warm.

Rusk I have my horse on a farm and usually he does not like us riding round the land. There are ony a couple of fields we can ride round. He was horriied the other day when my friend told him that she rode round the fields of the farm that she is on even when the crops are out. As we were on the same yard once I can tell you what we used to do. We used to ride along the tractor rutts or stick to the edge of the field.

I do have some mixed feeliings about where I am. I love it cause its closer to home and I am only a few minutes away from my boy and girl but there is a lot more road hacking. The old place was a little further away and meant travelling by bus and then having to do 15-20mins walk. But there was lot more off road. You could ride without having to hit the road. Here we do have some off road but youalways have to hit the road first. Combine the two yards and it would be perfect except I'd love to be able to see them from my kitchen window :D

newrider.com