Moving House

We are moving house this weekend - just up the lane to a rented house next to the farm (we are currently in our cottage, which is a 2 minute walk from the yard - but employing new Herd Manager and he needed a house close to the milking parlour). My MIL is moving out of the main farmhouse in November and we will then be renovating it completely, so in rented house until builders have done their stuff.

The rented house has a small paddock below the garden (nicely fenced), and it has been grazed by ponies in the past - but originally landlord said he didn't want us to use it (it had been poached by previous tenants). However, when we signed the tenancy agreement yesterday he asked if I could put ponies in to graze the paddock to keep the grass down (he knows my herd of small ponies) :) It is only about 1/2 acre - but useful extra grazing over the winter - and nice to be able to see them out of the window - also sheltered by large trees, so more suitable for my elderly Sec A (he tends to get blown over out in their more exposed field :eek:).

Ali xx

newrider.com