Moving/Poohsmate/Saddle/Weight/Everything else in between!!! *pics*

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Me and Silver moved yards a few weeks ago - I was really worried that it was the wrong choice to move as reduced turnout and its further away and out of the way for me.

However, she is doing brilliantly! Since we have moved she is interested in what is going on, always nosying over the door and has now become really cheeky and her confidence is growing Don't get me wrong she can still be really grumpy on bad days, but she generally is plateaud with her bad behaviour, and it is at a moderate and tolerable level - just now getting cheeky :rolleyes:hehe.

Poohsmate came up to visit the Sunday after we moved - Silver wasnt very impressed... She has issues with trust and "opening up to others" (I hope that makes sense!) She has a guard around her, and keeps herself to herself and used to be very cold, although slowly this is wearing away. She was not happy about him touching her (Bowen), and was sulking, and threatening to kick and pulling meany face. Poohsmate spent the time with her just reassuring her that he wasn't going to hurt her, and then checked out our saddle. She also never sleeps, or lies down when people are around - again her trust issues, so she became particularily cross once she started to feel sleepy.

However, Phoebe who is Silvers neighbour was totally absorbed into PM - she is normally very anxious and stressed, always sweating up, posesive over food (she will kick walls over someone looking at her haynet), weaves, jams her teeth into her door and is generally very angry. As soon as pM walked in she chilled - she couldnt get enough of him!! I had one pony who didnt want/didnt know how to "talk" and let him in, and a 16"2 tb type who was desperate to spend time with him!! She totally chilled with him being around it was bizarre!!

We have nearly sorted our months and months of saddle fitting issues, we have a Libra treeless saddle with a Haf pad underneath - now onto the bit/noseband combo! We have been out every other day or so and she is always excited to go out, and occasionally being a monkey but generally pretty good

And she is getting confident/cheeky too - she managed to silently open the feed bin with a slidey lid, when mummy caught her munching away at the happy hoof, she turned the lid around so she couldnt get to the opening... She she knowcked over my full wheelbarrow, a bale of shavings all mucking out stuff...and the feed bin so she could get some more and tech me a lesson!! She also ha taken to scarpering past when you open the door and arent paying attention :rolleyes: which resulted in me shouting for Phoebes mummy to get a headcollar as she dragged me (and I fell overon the corner!) out the stables with me hanging on her tail lol. Its very entertaining though :D

Two very happy happy bunnies!!!! Just got to sit and wait for the weight to fall off her now :rolleyes:

Phoebe and Silver out to play - they bully each other - two grumps together
02122009459.jpg

02122009461.jpg

25112009428.jpg

Out bareback whilst waiting for saddle...This is our new views
25112009432.jpg
25112009433.jpg

This was after some mysterious ghosties scared her...I went kaput (It was really really windy though) hehe
25112009436.jpg

She's a star!!! Butter would'nt melt:D:D

Hahaha. She is a star, I love her to bits - but shes getting so confident/cheeky :eek:... but she still likes to tell people when she doesnt want to know, Mr Im-Going-To-Stand-Over-Your-Hay-So-You-Can't-Ignore-Me-Or-Run-Away-From-Me-If-Y-ou-Want-To-Eat hehehe.... Mind you she quickly became Mrs Mum-He-Is-In-My-Hay-Get-Him-Out-I-LoveYou-Ill-Be-Nice-Please hahaha.

It made a big difference to her though - she always looks "compacted" to me and the day after we rode and she was wandering about with her nose on the floor - it was lovely to feel her relax through her back and neck - she was exhausted the day after though! We only walked and I thought she wasnt gonna make it home!!!!!!

Her other new trick she has developed is great and very clever. She flicks her ears or glares at Phoebe - vvv briefly, easy to miss - which sets Phoebe off into a frenzy, kicking the wall, snorting, farting, sqwishing her tail and then she will spin around and lunge over the wall open her mouth and try to bite Silver... Silver then squashes me and runs away to other side of stable - its her latest tactic to get out of being groomed/rugged :rolleyes: - initially it was Phoebe being told off until I realised what she was doing... and she pulls a proper "But she started attacking me mummy so I HAD to move away...dont tell me off, its alawys my fault" face :rolleyes::D

Its a place called Diggle, which is about an hour by car from central Manchester - East of Manc towards huddersfield :)

newrider.com