Moving

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
6 months ago friends found their dream property not far from me, and they have asked me (and the gang) to move with them :D Basically to keep Mandy company riding and to give them holiday cover for their menagerie of animals, not a bad deal when it means I get to rent a little bit of my dream lifestyle with my neds right there :D I've known Mark over 20 years so don't think there will be any bother living on their doorstep. Mandy's kids (15, 23 & 31) will also be going.

It has the farmhouse, an annex, 20x60 indoor arena with stadium seating, small indoor stable barn, outdoor stable blocks, 20 acres, a pond and a stream :D The hacking isn't so great, as in I can't get directly off the yard into the forest, but the forest is only 10 minutes away, so not awful by any means :D Its been empty for 5 years so is overgrown and in need of TLC, but its going to be a great place to live and they hope to reopen it as a competition venue soon.

It's taken forever to get all the legal stuff sorted (didn't help the seller is bat sh!t crazy which slowed it down a lot), but they called yesterday to say they exchanged on one of the properties they are selling and are just waiting on that to complete then they will exchange on the new place, so after a long wait and many will it/won't it moments, it looks like it's all go! I would appreciate some NR good luck vibes to help us through this final bit :D

That sounds amazing. So am I right in thinking you are moving as well as the horses? Into the annex? Sounds like a win win situation all round, how fantastic :D

Reactions: Jessey
That sounds amazing. So am I right in thinking you are moving as well as the horses? Into the annex? Sounds like a win win situation all round, how fantastic :D
Yep me the neds, and the cat all moving together :D I will be having a mobile home, I could have opted for the annex but it's attached to the farmhouse which they plan to knock down next year and build a new house and I wanted to have my own space anyway :) Its set up to have one there, the base and services are already in place.

Reactions: Bodshi
Oh Jessey that sounds fantastic! I'm thrilled for you. Buckets full of good luck vibes for the last bit. :D

Whoopp!!! Jessey!!! So pleased for you! Finally. You have been waiting so long to hear back. I was hoping it wouldn't fall through! So So pleased for you. And very jealous!!

This is fantastic news, hope the rest of the sale all goes smoothly, these things can take ages!!

How lovely that you'll have your ponies right outside and perhaps a more secure set up with more eyes watching over them and living on site after the trouble you were having with trespassers.

That sound perfect for you and your animal family.

Will you look to change jobs in the future
Yes I'll be looking for something closer to home :)

This is fantastic news, hope the rest of the sale all goes smoothly, these things can take ages!!

How lovely that you'll have your ponies right outside and perhaps a more secure set up with more eyes watching over them and living on site after the trouble you were having with trespassers.
I'm moving from a town of roughly 8500, to a parish of 351 :D it's pretty rural, in a nice little village and there will virtually always be someone on site which is great, and M&M have a pack of dogs (9) from collies to Douge de Bordeaux, so they would put most off snooping about :D They also plan to put electric gates with CCTV at the entrance, It will definitely be much more secure.

I'm sat here nervously waiting to hear, they signed the contracts yesterday but they were left undated as someone is still faffing about, they were hoping the exchange would happen today....... it's exciting and nerve racking at the same time!

Fingers crossed for you Jessey, I deal with this every day and to be honest it's a right royal PITA these days.

Contracts dont mean anything these days, so I'm told. Until the sale day and the moneys in the bank it ain't sold.
Curiousity, I was thinking about you the other day so I'm glad you've put this post back up. Wanted to ask how far away from your current place is it. Also will your arranged rides in the forest still happen, or will you be too far away. Will it free you of the rider you dislike.

Contracts dont mean anything these days, so I'm told. Until the sale day and the moneys in the bank it ain't sold.
Curiousity, I was thinking about you the other day so I'm glad you've put this post back up. Wanted to ask how far away from your current place is it. Also will your arranged rides in the forest still happen, or will you be too far away. Will it free you of the rider you dislike.
We aren't betting on anything until the completion is through, but once they exchange it should happen very quickly, their solicitor has everything in place already.
It's about half an hour from where I am now, about 10 mins beyond the forest. As I now have a trailer, and M&M have a tow vehicle I can use whenever, I hope to keep my rides going as it will be a good way to keep up with my friends. TBH I will probably trailer into the forest 3 or 4 times a week anyway (its not too far to ride but the roads aren't great, got to wait for local knowledge to see if there are perhaps field margins we can use), and once your loaded 10 mins or 30 is little odds :)
I will be handing over the reins on the facebook group, I set it up for locals and I won't be so local anymore, so my rides might become more of an invite only affair which will deal with the PITA :)

They do, once you have exchanged contracts you are legally bound to complete on the purchase, although you can get out of it but will lose your deposit paid at time of exchange, solicitors can't exchange though until every last I has been dotted and T crossed and that's the bit that takes the time now days, the problem I'm seeing is that solicitors no longer know how to use a telephone and seem to rely on email for communication, it's amazing how quickly things can progress when someone actually makes a phone call to enquire exactly what is necessary to facilitate exchange of contracts...
anyway I'll get off my soap box now lol, it's making me think about work on my day off and I really don't want to be doing that!
Good luck Jessey :)

newrider.com