Mr Major Update!

Jojo_82

Jus' horsing around!
Sep 29, 2004
Brimpsfield, Gloucestershire
Howdy! :)

Well, here are the much wanted pictures of Major after being here a week and half! He's been a diamond. I think Short and Storms' chilled out attitude has rubbed off on little Junior, his eyes are back in their sockets (actually i think they're pretty much coming out of his backside!! :eek: :D) and he seems to think life is great not being a racehoss anymore! :)

I rode Shorty today and lead the young man and i was so impressed! He was an angel and where Shorty was acting the numpty, spooky and being dramatic at things, Major just kept on trucking and didn't bat an eyelid... at anything! We had horseboxes go past, cars (that left a gap a skinny man from Skinnyville wouldn't of gotten through! :rolleyes: ), donkeys, drains of death, trees of doom, ninja grass, horse-eating birds etc, etc! We went off road, past ponies, sheep and cows, what a little star! :D

Anyhoo, the pictures! I will put a comparison shot of when he arrived and today as i myself, will be interested to see if there is any improvement!

On arrival:
P7230577.jpg

Now:
P8020833.jpg

With his new bruvva!
P8020824-1.jpg

"Me iz gonna get you out of your trap man!!"
P8020827.jpg

more to come...

He really does love Shorty! They're so sweet together. Actually, the three of them are brilliant together and even little Storm seems to have taken a liking to Major and regularly uses his back as a chin-prop! :)

I'm very jealous - I'm dying to lead Dylan off of Dolly but he's a git and bites her, so she runs away :rolleyes: Not very safe or productive...

Awh that's lovely he looks to have settled in LOADS!

I am so jealous i want all your horses, your not far from me i can drag the trailer there ;)

Certainly not! Although, you are more than welcome to come visit and have a play! :)

I'm very jealous - I'm dying to lead Dylan off of Dolly but he's a git and bites her, so she runs away :rolleyes: Not very safe or productive...

Well, Major thought it was fun to do the same when we were stationary! He got my whole foot in his mouth at one stage!! But as soon as we got on with things and got a march on, he was great... thankfully! It could of gone horribly wrong concidering he's never been lead from another horse or seen our surroundings! :eek: :D

Would carrying a little jumping bat help with dylan in the hand you lead him from, then if he goes for her, give him a little tap or push away with it? :)

Haha I love the gangsta captions! :D They fit the pictures perfectly, made me giggle!

Love pic no. 9, he is so shiny and muscely! :eek:

He does look gorge though, and looks like such a character! :)

P.S Shorty's stable is ready for him here ;)

he is so lovely and is definately starting to look better and the way he loves Shorty so much is so sweet. Since getting Joey I have developed a big passion for ex-racers.

He looks fab :D And so much more chilled out bless him, what plans have you got for him? :)

He'll have an easy time of things for a while to chill out and grow. I'll keep him ticking over lunging and leading out, but might hop on and do minimal riding in a couple of weeks just to keep aboard him. We will sell him on eventually and do have someone earmarked already, so fingers crossed for the ginger guy! :D

a week an half :O thought it was longer than that

youve done a great job wi him so far

xx

Thankyou! It seems like he's been here alot longer, especially given the way he's settled right down and in with his buddies... it's like he's always been here! :)

teehee the second pic

hes rather leggy ;):p:D

Lol!! :D I hadn't noticed that!! :D

He certainly looks more settled, bless, and I just love how playful he seems to be:D.

He really is, he's such a typical baby. I've ordered him a horseball to see if he'll play with it out in the field... will have to have my camera ready for that one! :)

newrider.com