Muck out in the wind and tone up

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:p
Today and yesterday it took almost two hours to completely muck out three horses. The wind was gale force during the night so big boy stayed in. He's very neat though and pooped in one corner - not like the girls! Omg I swear they were doing a dance in the byre!!!! Argh. Well, throwing buckets onto the heap in a wind does tone ones waistline for sure. Who needs a gym?!!!
How long does it take you guys to do a full muck out? The boy was on shavings last night and the two old maids straw. I *think* the shavings were easier.

Reactions: Jessey
I'm really slow - probably about 30 minutes (and my OH normally does hay and water for me). I only do it twice a week though and there is no hurry

I only have the one to muck out now (however, also see my poo picking challenge post!! :rolleyes:) I'm very thorough so it takes me about 15 to 20 mins to muck out, sweep the floor and set fair. That doesn't include stuffing haynets or replenishing water trugs.

I used to do my 3 when they were stabled in 20 mins, full muck out with beds left up, I'd put beds down and do hays and waters after work which probably took another 20 mins. Everything takes longer in the wind!

I used to do my 3 when they were stabled in 20 mins, full muck out with beds left up, I'd put beds down and do hays and waters after work which probably took another 20 mins. Everything takes longer in the wind!

No kidding on the wind! Today we woke to more gales. I have sort of devised a method of running into the wind with my barrow and losing minimum content. Storm did her walking this morning hiding behind Mr Trews, it looked cute like she was just peeping from behind him:D

In any case, I think its just a short chilly snap. My BBC 10-day weather app has daytime/night-time temps of 12/7 a week on Friday week. Compare to today's 13/8, it's not very different.

If I dont have to be anywhere I can take 20 mins to muck out sox. If its before work then I can get him done in 15 mins (Including; feed,hang haynets, boots on, turned out and mucked out!) The beauty of mucking out at 05:30! Plus I do have haynets filled, water topped up.

No kidding on the wind! Today we woke to more gales. I have sort of devised a method of running into the wind with my barrow and losing minimum content. Storm did her walking this morning hiding behind Mr Trews, it looked cute like she was just peeping from behind him:D
Have you seen those wheelbarrow covers to stop all your bedding blowing everywhere? we just used to use and old rug, it did the job :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com