Mucus in pooh

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
As the title says I noticed bright white mucus in one pile of pooh in Marley s stable this morning. I have never seen this before?? His working is up to date. We did have a storm last night and his stable looked very messy this morning so I'm wondering was he stressed? would this have caused the mucus ?20181216_105007.jpg20181216_104959.jpg

I've not known it happen in ours. But that doesn't mean to say it couldn't be stress? It almost looks like snot! Like when they have a nasal infection. And he's fine in himself now??
Sorry you had storms. We had a hooly blowing all day here yesterday, last night was scary and I couldn't walk across the yard.

Reactions: joellie
I'm going to guess that the mucous is from his nose rather than inside his gut? Looks like he's dribbled a bit of snot on top of the poo to me.

He may have sniffed it and coughed on it. It looks too clean to have come out with the poo.

Thanks everyone I did wonder about how clean it looked and maybe it coming from his nose. He seems well enough in himself . I will keep an eye on his nose then?

Reactions: Trewsers
It does look like it came from his nose. I have seen mucus in poo (impaction colic, digestive disturbance) but it doesn't look like that and it tends to be spread throughout or coating the poo rather than a nice clean dollop like that.

newrider.com