mud fever boots

I have a friend that has used them, (they are in the rideaway and robinsons catalogue.)
She said they were okay but if the field gets really muddy and deep as well they are not that great for staying on.

But i would give them a go( i was considering it anyway) i think they are about £50.

Well if they actually did stay on it would be a good investment! I spent lots of money this year on my horse trying to treat "mud fever" with different remedies. and it also took a lot of time to scrub and clean it and spray it! So I would defiintly concider investing in a pair! And most horses dont stand still when you try to scrub the med fever off either!lol

i have 2 pairs of the sportabac tunout boots, they worked well on my 14.2 anglo arab mare but they were useless on my 16.2hh TB, they kept sliding down and ripped quite easily. They also made both the horses legs very sweaty and took a while to dry,
Hannah P

hi

have been thinking of buying the equi chaps myself but have since found another boot these are called mud fever leg wraps

according to there web site they work in 3 ways,
1. Warming the skin quickly drawing moisture.
2. Lets moisture evaporate through the wrap itself and away from skin
3. increasing blood flow and vascular activity promoting healthy skin which resists infection and inflammation

and apparently they don't slip down the legs they are machine washable and dry pretty quickly.

i assume you would still have to wash legs down first then apply the wraps which can be left on all night.

these are for stable use.

they cost £26.50 a pair

can be found a http://www.lansdownrugs.co.uk

under topical tip.

newrider.com